+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 420 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687127177 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

FORT Fan
    Master and Commander-- Fell asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Teppo
    I actually really liked the movie. Yes it was long but was very interesting.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Paycheck
    I could have skipped this one, all unreal chase scenes and explosions, where the hero never takes a bullet or gets his hair messed up.

Ben affleck and Uma Thuman co-stars

Well, I finally rented Elephant, macontosh2000. Thanks again for the idea. It was very good but in a strange way. The end really shocked me...did not expect that of all things. I liked how it showed stuff from all different points of view. Intriguing movie, I must say.

I tried to rent a disc or two of The X-Files season 1 today, but the woman said that they didn't carry it. They have The Sopranos, Alias, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Queer As Folk, and some other one I hadn't heard of...yet no X-Files! Purchasing the sets are so expensive, and I'm not a diehard fan...considering I haven't seen all of them yet. I don't know anyone who owns them either. So, I'm stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    Paycheck
    I could have skipped this one, all unreal chase scenes and explosions, where the hero never takes a bullet or gets his hair messed up.

Ben affleck and Uma Thuman co-stars

Gotta love that Ben Affleck. He's following Gigli with all the hits.....

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

MrCorkles, you always make me laugh!

I rented Paycheck before I read Noreen's succinct but extremely accurate review. If I had, it could have saved me two hours of my time and the price of rental. It's not the most horrible film I've ever seen, but it's faaaar from being the best, or even just an adequate diversion. I don't understand what happens to (director) John Woo whenever he attempts making a big budget, big name "Hollywood" film. He becomes just as generic as any other stateside action hack.

We did also rent School of Rock with Jack Black (directed by Richard Linklater & written by Mike White--who also plays Jable's beleagured friend & roommate Ned Shneebly). We enjoyed this one a lot. It was a fun movie that managed to be warm & clever without getting too cutesy (a danger with any film featuring children). It was Tenacious D for the younger set, and it ROCKED my socks off!!! Jack Black is a comic genius, and the kids (who really sing & play their instruments) are just amazing. I highly recommend it!

No one can stop the SCHOOL of ROCK!!!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Okay, I'm borrowing School of Rock next. Thanks Snowflakegirl.

I watched "Fear" starring Reese Witherspoon, Mark Wahlberg, 'Grissom' from CSI and that Judging Amy lead. Had fun watching it.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by unexplained
    .....I watched "Fear" starring Reese Witherspoon, Mark Wahlberg, 'Grissom' from CSI and that Judging Amy lead. Had fun watching it.
    It makes the idea of going on the roller coaster a lot more "interesting".

The Mothman(men?) Prophecies: I got where they were going with this movie and it was okay. It would have been better if it was half an hour shorter.

John Q: a good movie. The lack of universal precautions was ridiculous for a movie with scenes in the ER. Densil was very good in the role.

The Insider: a must see. A great movie. It makes a statement about money and power and how that is used to protect certain interests at any cost. It showed how being right and truthful isn't easy either.

Wheatfield, NY (outside of Niagara Falls)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teppo
    Ditto, yesterday afternoon was a wash for me. Maybe its movies on boats, because the same thing happened to me with "The Perfect Storm".

Just watched "Rabbit Proof Fence"; very interesting movie about an extremely disturbing time in Aborigine history. I highly recommend this movie to anyone interested.

+ Reply to Thread