+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 420 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123173 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Win a Date With Tad Hamilton - 7/10

It was a fun movie with a good cast.

I just watched Love Actually last night and I thought it was pretty good. Rodrigo Santoro is hot! That man gives me the screaming thigh sweats.....

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Love Actually - 8.5/10

I thought it was really good!

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorkles
    I just watched Love Actually last night and I thought it was pretty good. Rodrigo Santoro is hot! That man gives me the screaming thigh sweats.....
    Oh man, I gotta see this one, but since I order from Netflix it's had a wait on it! I like your taste, Mrcorkles. Rodrigo Santoro...

Anyway, one of the last movies I rented was Aleksandr Sokurov's Russian Ark (2001), a breathtaking movie shot entirely in one, yes one, continuous take. Take that, Orson Welles! Furthermore, the location is St. Petersburg's Hermitage, inhabited with a cast of hundreds costumed as if from different eras in Russian history. The steadicam seems to fully explore this museum's every architectural nook & cranny, as well as its art and various other objets. Although confusing (at least to me, being unfamiliar with the nuances of Russian history and socal values) and at first maddeningly without plot, it is still mesmerizing visually, and eventually lulls the viewer into a dreamlike state. If you surrender to this fugue, then you will enjoy it. If you need the conventions of plot & character, which is perfectly fine, you may not.

After that, I finally got around to seeing the Coen brother's first feature, Blood Simple (can't believe it's 20 years old!) and now I finally see why this movie is hailed as a classic of the thriller and suspense genre. This movie has plot and character galore and is filled with niftily composed shots, tight & breathlessly-paced suspense, and bravura acting. I have always loved the Coens' films, oh yah you betcha, but am even tenfold more impressed after having finally seen this film (particularly after the disappointingly bloated Intolerable Cruelty. They'll show you the life of the mind!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Blood Simple is an excellent movie, SFG! When I first read your post, though, I confused it with One False Move, the excellent Bill Paxton flick from the early 90's. I think if you liked Blood Simple, you'd enjoy One False Move even more. Just a guess.

I just watched Beautiful Girls last weekend and thought it was good. It's billed as a comedy, and there are SOME funny lines in it. I liked it, though, because of the many angles it had on relationships. Kind of reminded me of Parenthood, in that you could probably find yourself somewhere among the many characters who populate the film.

I'm pretty much Steve Martin in Parenthood, BTW. He's the one I relate to the most in that movie.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I finally just saw Intolerable Cruelty last night (was inspired after finally watching Solaris on HBO). It was a typical Coen brothers movie, funny and a little wacked. I didn't see much chemistry between George Clooney and Catherine Zeta-Jones, but then again, I don't think it was really that kind of movie. I've got the phrase, "You fascinate me," running through my head now.

Followed it up with an On Demand viewing of Out of Sight which I fell asleep an hour into. Boooooring. George: hot. Jennifer Lopez: not. Together: a great night's sleep for me.

We watched Something's Gotta Give last night, and I liked it enough to slowly move from the comfort of couch to the floor close to TV so I would not miss a word
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I just watched Cheaper by the Dozen, I loved it!
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

Just finished watching Thirteen. It was awesome...very powerful. The stuff that ahppens doesn't really shock me all that much, but it's terrible what happens to Tracy. I can't believe what Evie did at the end! It makes me so mad. The acting was great...Evan Rachel Wood, Holly Hunter, Nikki Reed. Unless you're sensitive to some intense stuff, I recommend this to everyone.

The DVD version of To Kill A Mockingbird. It's always such a good movie!

+ Reply to Thread