+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 419 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118168 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

IT'S PEOPLE!!! Soylent green is PEEEEEE-PUHL!

Sorry I couldn't resist...

If anybody else out there is a fan of cheesy 70s Sci-Fi with the King of Cheez, Chucky Heston, please rent OMEGA MAN.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    IT'S PEOPLE!!! Soylent green is PEEEEEE-PUHL!

Sorry I couldn't resist...

If anybody else out there is a fan of cheesy 70s Sci-Fi with the King of Cheez, Chucky Heston, please rent OMEGA MAN.

I need to check Omega Man then too if it gives equally weird & hilarious vibes, thanks for the tip
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

last movies i rented were "thirteen," "honey" and "lost in translation."

loved honey. great brainless movie with pretty people that can dance their asses off.
    thought the acting in 13 was great, but dayum scary to think of 13 year olds doing what these girls did.

and i loved lost in translation. just loved it.

I loved Lost in Translation too, and thought Thirteen was pretty gripping (didn't see Honey but am noting to self to rent that one for some feelgood fun).

What I couldn't believe about Thirteen was that that girl who was in it (can't think of name, but it was the friend, the brunette girl--oh man, I'm turning into my mom, with the vague clues) was actually 13 years old and wrote the screenplay based on her real-life experiences.
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

The last movie I rented was an indie from Brazil called Madame Sata,about a bisexual hustler who yearns to perform in drag and gain adulation.Yeah, all the copies of Lost In Translation were out. So I rented it because I love indies and it won a bunch of awards but I guess you can never really tell how good a movie is based on what awards it has won. (you heard me, Mulholand Drive fans)Me no likey this movie.

I also purchased a copy of All Over the Guy which is a gay romantic comedy. I went realllllllly gay this trip to the video store. But I love this movie because it is hysterical. It stars Richard Ruccolo(Two Guys,A Girl and A Pizza Place) and has a cameo from Lisa Kudrow that is so funny it has to be seen to be believed....hey Snowflake Girl..do you like indies?

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

The last movie I rented was Matrix Reloaded.
    I'm not much of a movie fan.

Rented "School of Rock"-great movie. The kids are great in it. Jack Black is also tolerable.

I rented three today...Veronica Guerin, Cold Creek Manor, and Lost in Translation. I've only watched the first two though. Veronica Guerin was awesome. I was shocked at how bold and brave she was, and I was so saddened at the end. That was powerful. I was looking up stuff about the guy she was after, John Gilligan...aparently, he was acquited of her murder and later got his sentence reduced. He needs to stay in jail forever, at least, because he is messed up...anger problems and ugh...those threats about Veronica's son. Cold Creek Manor was good too, but it wasn't what I expected. It was creepy and had a few good scare moments, but it was more like a murder mystery kind of thriller than a horror kind of thriller. That Dale guy was insane though. I'll post about Lost in Translation when I watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorkles
    hey Snowflake Girl..do you like indies?
    In fact, I do, Mrcorkles! Although I have fairly broad cinematic tastes, meaning I enjoy a fun Hollywood blockbuster just as much as I enjoy discovering some great foreign film, I do have a special soft spot for the arthouse flick and I like supporting independent film makers. These days, of course, the line between indie and major studio venture grows more and more indistinct, but indies are still more likely than than majors to push boundaries, be unconventional, take more risks.

Hey, I also liked All Over the Guy, very sweet romantic comedy. It's a warm, fuzzy, feelgood movie that's fun to watch with a group of friends. That said, the movie I just rented was House of Sand and Fog which was sooo good, but sooo depressing! I need a hug!

Alright, I just watched Lost in Translation. I really enjoyed it. Bob and Charlotte had this great chemistry. The karaoke and the Japanese TV show were probably the strangest things. How about that woman who wanted Bob to rip her stockings? I just liked it's uniqueness...and it all happened just there. It was so nice when he ran after her to give her a hug and kiss.

+ Reply to Thread