+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 420 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117167 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    I believe that movie was nominated for an Oscar for its screenplay--so I don't think it was particularly underrated. People have loved it and it got recognition.
    What I am referring to, overthetop, is the fact that while Dirty, Pretty Things received critical acclaim it was not exactly a box office success (besides, a screenplay nom is like the Academy's equivalent of table scraps for Indie dogs).

I'm trying to encourage more people to rent it now that it's got a second life on DVD, because I'm sure more people have watched Hollywood dreck like Taking Lives, or whatever formulaic "suspense movie" Ashley Judd has made lately, than this intelligent thriller which actually has something to say.

Speaking of dreck, I just watched Angelina Jolie in Beyond Borders, her UN adventure film. Her heart's in the right place, but there is hardly any effective characterization in this movie, and it's so poorly directed & written that even with the heartrending content, you just check out completely--spare yourself on this one, and read her journals which she wrote about her real work as Goodwill Ambassador for the UNHCR. I love Angelina, but I'd like to punch out her agent because she hasn't had a role that properly displays her talent in years.
    Last edited by SnowflakeGirl; 03-29-2004 at 05:30 PM.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Snowflake Girl, I bet that you are really an informative and fun person to go to the movies with! I have your name on my short list of FORT people I would like to see movies with but, most likely never will.

Well, until such a time, we'll always have the FORT Movie forum, Eldee.

I think you're probably fortunate that you're not at the movies with me--my friends have dubbed me "MST3K" (some lovingly, some not) for my tendency to provide "peanut gallery-type" running commentary.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

SFG! MST3K! That is just too funny. I would love to sit in on one of your peanut gallery commentaries some day. I practically have to button my lip to keep from doing the same thing sometimes.

As for Dirty Pretty Things, I'm looking forward to seeing it. I love Audrey Tautou and the only role I've seen her in that was any less cutesy than Amelie was in He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not. Even in that one she comes off as completely adorable...well...as adorable as a psychotic killer can be, I mean.

Watched Fight Club last night for the first time. Great ending, great story, great acting. This movie is billed as a guy's movie but I was thoroughly entertained and I'm the chickiest of chicks. I've never been a Brad Pitt fan, that is until I saw him without his shirt in this movie. My LORD!!!!!!!!
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I just watched Shattered Glass last night and I totally agree with macontosh and Noreen...excellent movie! I probably would not have rented it without your recommendations,so thanks guys!

Hayden Christiansen was excellent in his role as Stephen Glass, a promising young reporter for The New Republic who gets way in over his head with his storytelling. It also stars Chloe Sevigny (Boys Don't Cry), Hank Azaria, Steven Zahn and Rosario Dawson. Based on a true story and the DVD has an interview from 60 minutes with the real Stephen Glass. Me Likey!

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

ohhh cool i must shattered glass---love hayden---not for his acting ability of course

i rented THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE--the remake---i thought it was just a little too unrealstic....espcially when you compare with the actual facts from which the movie was based....plus mom watched it with me....big mistake...she kept going "this is gross" over and over

The only thing Texas Massacre is based on is Ed Gein, who wore human skin as a mask. What other facts are you talking about, snickers?

Hmm... I last rented Honey, which I've been dying to see for ages and I wasn't dissapointed. I adore Jessica Alba! And Rugrats go Wild! for my own little rugrats

yeah i know about ed gein---for some reason i thought the texas chanisaw massacre was a combination of two people--ed gein and someone else---but i'm probably wrong

oh and when i was talking about the facts i just meant how he lived alone, there was no crazy family, he didn't torture people(i'm pretty sure) and that he didn't live in texas etc

Cat in the Hat - I have not really watched the whole thing, but kids love it. I guess they see a "connection" to their lives...

Soylent Green - an older scifi type movie. It was a little weird. It is worth seeing, but the ending was definately odd. Maybe they planned for a sequel?
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

+ Reply to Thread