+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 420 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576116166 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    A Mighty Wind - love the formula and the music is this one. Thinking back to Christopher Guest's formuliac writing for Tap and Wind, it reminds me of Michael Apted's 14, 21, 28 Up, etc. The progression of musical genre from Spinal Tap to Mighty Wind was a spoof on a spoof - David, Nigel, and Derek as the Folksmen - true genius!

Eugene Levy was terrific and deserves his awards for his performance and can't wait for the next ensemble mocumentary.
    Last edited by Masai & Pygmie; 03-27-2004 at 09:40 AM.
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

PSi
    Ernest goes to Camp. . . Solid.

Quote Originally Posted by macontosh2000
    Shattere Glass - Easily one of the best of 2003. I would recomend for everyone to see it.
    I took your recommendation and rented Shattered Glass, and I really liked it, that is some story. Thanks

Just finished watching 'School Of Rock". Pretty good movie, the kids were great. A great theme overall.

So I finally FINALLY FINALLY saw Memento last night and OH MY GOD..... It was very good. The type of good where your mouth falls open and you sit there aghast. I don't think that made any sense... Oh well. You need to watch the movie very closely since it is all done backwords but very well done movie.
    Also saw Sweet Home Alabama. Funny chick movie and I had no idea Reese could play such a *itch. Sweet, romantic and funny.
    Also saw Bruce Almighty and laughed my butt off. But then I pretty much am secured that effect with ALMOST any Jim Carrey movie.
    Last but not least I saw Gothika. Althought the ending was kind of a surprise, all together I was left with the thought, I can see why Tom Cruise dumped Peneolpe. Girl does not look good without makeup. And Halle you walking on thin ice... MAKE UP.. I BEG OF YOU
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I love Memento, Realitychick, that's probably one of my favorite movies.

I just saw a really fun & funny movie called Iron Ladies, based on the true story of a Thai volleyball team made up mostly of transgendered males (drag queens, one transsexual, one straight guy) who were famous for making it to the national championship. It was interesting to see a movie about modern Thailand, and though its message is about tolerance, the tone is always light and positive. Imagine if Bend It Like Beckham starred the characters from Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, and you've got a good idea of what Iron Ladies is like.

[IMG]images/img/IronLadies200.jpg[/IMG]
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I loved Memento, Carrie Ann Moss was so good in that, I still use, what time is it "beer o'clock, and your buying." Iron ladies, sounds hilarious, I wonder if I can find it in my video store.

I was able to get Iron Ladies through Netflix, Lotus.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Ooh, I also just saw Dirty Pretty Things, and seeing Audrey Tautou in a non-cutesy, very un-Amelie type role was impressive...however, the real star of the film was Chiwetel Ejiofor, who plays the Nigerian immigrant who stumbles on something very peculiar clogging a hotel room toilet. His performance was so sensitive and nuanced that the slightest twitch in his face made me want to cry.

I thought the movie was excellent, and terribly underrated. It managed to be a thriller that was not only suspenseful to the very end, but imbued with a social consciousness. I know that sounds boring, but trust me, it's not. You see a completely different side of London, its multi-culturalism, its social struggles. I also thought the ending has a great payoff.
    I believe that movie was nominated for an Oscar for its screenplay--so I don't think it was particularly underrated. People have loved it and it got recognition.

Consider Under the Tuscan Sun. I was skeptical; thought it was a chick flick that I'd moderately like and my husband would sigh a lot through and then fall asleep. Instead, we both really liked it. It is about a woman, and she does get divorced, but it isn't formulaic at all.

+ Reply to Thread