+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 420 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

FORT Fan
    Cabin Fever - Above average horror because it lets the audience underestimate its originality. It's buildup, characters, and setting are intentionally cliched. They look like your typically slasher or Evil Dead-style infection, but the role of the monster is replaced by something I don't think I've seen before, and I'm not talking about the infection. Cabin Fever's virus may be deadly, but it's the selfish, stupid, "me first" attitudes of the characters that really got people killed.

I give it a B.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

Rented Zoolander last night... I was told prior to watching it that it was incredibly stupid and boring. Now this comment came from the most UN-sarcastic person I have ever met. In some parts yes it was stupid but I found myself laughing uncontrollably many times. If you get Ben Stillers humor I would suggest this. Hang in there till the end, it's worth it and "Relax"...
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Rented Corky Romano.. HILARIOUS... Definetly not what I was expecting.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Shattere Glass - Easily one of the best of 2003. I would recomend for everyone to see it.

Gothika
    Fairly good ghost story, it has been done before (sixth sense) but not bad overall, Halle Barry is the star and it's all about her.

I just watched Dirty Pretty Things and I thought it was really good, a little unusual but interesting..it features the girl who played Amelie for those of you who have seen that movie.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcorkles
    I just watched Dirty Pretty Things....
    It was out so I found some of her other movies, Venus Beauty Institute and Happenstance (nice little quirky girl meets boy story as well). Audrey has the most amazing eyes.
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

Dirty Pretty Things - 7/10
    The Rundown - 5.5/10

Terminator III. I loved 1 and 2 so i thought i would give 3 a try with very low expectations. Well it plumeted well below my already low expectation of it. That was one of the worst movies i have ever seen. You know it's bad when Arnold gives one of the better acting jobs in a movie.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

Ooh, I also just saw Dirty Pretty Things, and seeing Audrey Tautou in a non-cutesy, very un-Amelie type role was impressive...however, the real star of the film was Chiwetel Ejiofor, who plays the Nigerian immigrant who stumbles on something very peculiar clogging a hotel room toilet. His performance was so sensitive and nuanced that the slightest twitch in his face made me want to cry.

I thought the movie was excellent, and terribly underrated. It managed to be a thriller that was not only suspenseful to the very end, but imbued with a social consciousness. I know that sounds boring, but trust me, it's not. You see a completely different side of London, its multi-culturalism, its social struggles. I also thought the ending has a great payoff.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread