+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 420 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

We rented 23 grams with Sean Penn...couldn't understand what in the world was going on..it jumped around timewise. Watched about 1/2 hour.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick
    Cabin Fever - So stupid it was funny.... pretty bloody... don't eat during the shaving scene...
    28 Days Later - Almost fell asleep... Too long and I don't need to see a unkept naked man walking around... My precious eyes...
    Realitychick, I could have written the exact same thing about the two movies above! We saw both of them a couple of weeks ago, and I agree with your comments about both of them. I wouldn't see either of them again.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

21 Grams - One of the best out of last year

I just saw Matchstick Men with Nicolas Cage and Sam Rockwell (The Green Mile) and I loved it! I don't usually like Cage, but he was funny as a con man with OCD. I don't remember this being in the theatre...did it come out this year?

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Quote Originally Posted by lucy
    Oh, I loved that movie! As I've loved all of Christopher Guest's "mockumentaries." I never saw the commentary, though. Did you see "A Mighty Wind"?
    I saw "A Mighty Wind", it's good, but not as the others, but it's still a fun movie.
    No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.

Rented Cold Creek Manor last night... I never realized what a horrible actor Dennis Quaid was until this movie... Stephen Doroff played an excellent psycho but the whole idea of the movie was just blah.. The only thought that popped in my head when the credits started rolling was "I just wasted two hours of my life that I will never get back".. It's a freaky, creepy movie and just plain odd. Best part was the snake part.. Creeped me out..

Also rented Runaway Jury - GREAT MOVIE.... John Cusak, how can you go wrong????.. He is just great.. Highly recommend...
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    Thirteen - didn't really find it as *disturbing* as it was hyped to be, but a good movie nevertheless. Parents with teen daughters may disagree
    I watched Thirteen last night, and all parents with teens should see this move, IMO. One of the girls that stared, as Evie, also wrote part of this movie.

It is more like a documentary than a big Hollywood production. Scary to say the least if you have or had teen girls.

Mona Lisa Smile - I hated it!

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    I watched Thirteen last night, and all parents with teens should see this move, IMO. One of the girls that stared, as Evie, also wrote part of this movie.

It is more like a documentary than a big Hollywood production. Scary to say the least if you have or had teen girls.
    I liked the movie and I found it extremely disturbing,and you are right, Noreen it is very scary!! I don't have any children and I still found it disturbing.

Having said that, I watched 21 grams last night and I think it was really good. You definitely can't zone out while watching it though cause it jumps from future to past and back again. I'd recommend it...

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    Pieces of April - kinda outta place for this time of year. Shoulda waited until November for release. But reminded me of Home for the Holidays with Holly Hunter.
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

+ Reply to Thread