+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 420 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

the core-i give it 2/10-i feel asleep the first half hour into it and didn't wake up again until it was over-so i rewatched it. at times i was bored to tears

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Masai & Pygmie
    Watched The Quiet American last night. Love story entwined with events leading up to America's involvement in the Vietnam war (OSS, CIA). Interesting performance by Brendon Fraser and par for the course for Michael Caine.

By the way - my Haiku to Michael Caine

Is it true
    That Michael Caine
    Only speaks in
    Three word sentences
    i thought this was a terrific movie. i thought the love-story part was authentic rather than...easy, comfortable or whatever, and i liked the dynamic between the two men. a very timely movie, too, given current events. along that line, i am interested to see fog of war.

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    Runaway Jury

Very good hooks. If you rent the DVD, there is an interesting interview with both Dustin Hoffman and Gene Hackman in the special features.
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

Far From Heaven - 7/10. Julianne Moore's performance was good, but I don't think she ever had a chance to shine. (This is the 1950's we're talking about--all she could really do was nod and smile or break down in tears.)

It ended just as it got interesting.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

well i didn't rent it-saw it in the theatre-THE LAST SAMURAI

loved it, and i'm not a big tom cruise fan-i give it 9/10

Eye of the Beholder. The leads were good but the story went nowhere.

Jeepers Creepers 2 - UGH! Mr. Chrelsey and the kids watched this one while I lost myself in a good book.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Last thing I watched was Best in Show (seen it sooooo many times) but this was the first time I watched with Guest/Levy commentary which was very good.
    No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.

The Good Girl
    My favorite character was the girl who had some interesting verbal slips. I could hang out with her.
    Last edited by eldee; 03-16-2004 at 01:05 PM.

Didn't rent this one, but saw it on cable and absolutely LOVED it. Plan on getting it through Netflix soon - Charms for the Easy Life. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful movie.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

+ Reply to Thread