+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 419 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Pride and Prejudice (the 6 volume set from PBS)
    A Fish Called Wanda
    High Anxiety

I really enjoyed the A&E version of it. I really likes Collin. (batting my eyelashes)

It's the same one. He IS dishy, isn't he? I loved Alan Rickman in Sense & Sensibility too. *drooooooooool*

Well, I didn't rent them, but I've seen a few really good DVD's lately. Owning Mahoney and American Splendor were both extremely excellent. They are both based on true life, and the actors gave remarkable performances. American Splendor was so inventive and original, I can't wait to see it again. Spellbound wasn't nearly as good as I expected, but I suppose my expectations were pretty darn high. I still enjoyed it though. Oh, and I liked Lost in Translation quite a bit too.

Zhora, I suggested that FORT give you a raise. Did you get it yet?

Last night, got 'The Italian Job', not 'deep' but very entertaining....and the real reason I'm posting, "Lost in Translation". I kept hearing how great this was, but what a letdown! I have seen very few movies that sucked like this one.
    Condensed version
    " You can feel very alone even in a city as crowded in Tokyo, whether anyone is there with you or not. You may have a bright spot here and there, but your life could still be depressing and lonely"
    To which I say..."Get over it already!"
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by kuifje75
    Going through an "Audrey Tautou" stage here... my boyfriend is in love with her, and I decided to rent all of her movies as much as I could find.

Watching Venus Beauty Institute.

Will let you know if its ok. Laters.
    I LOOOOVED Amelie! Especially the part with the lentils, I have always like that sensation, too.

Have you seen Dirty Pretty Things? It's not on DVD yet, (It's up for a screenplay Oscar), but it might still be platying at a cheap theater. I really liked it.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    Last night, got 'The Italian Job', not 'deep' but very entertaining....and the real reason I'm posting, "Lost in Translation". I kept hearing how great this was, but what a letdown! I have seen very few movies that sucked like this one.
    Condensed version
    " You can feel very alone even in a city as crowded in Tokyo, whether anyone is there with you or not. You may have a bright spot here and there, but your life could still be depressing and lonely"
    To which I say..."Get over it already!"
    Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! Talk about overrated!...If it wins an Oscar for anything other than Best Actor (which I also think will be undeserved) I will just die.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by weston
    I watched Fight Club (again). This time with Chuck Palahniuk's commentary.
    I fell asleep during that one.

Boogie Nights - 9/10
    Magnolia - 8.5/10
    Jackie Brown - 7.5/10
    The Virgin Suicides - 6/10

+ Reply to Thread