+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 420 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    QueenB, yes I enjoyed [B]Once Upon a Time in Mexico, and yes there is tasty Antonio and Johnny for you () and shooting and don't forget the Salma Hayek for him ().

ETA: Just please don't be too concerned over such trivial things as "plot" here.
    Thanks SnowflakeGirl; that sounds perfect, no plot means I don't have to tell him what's giong on every time his mind wanders due to no violence/eye candy!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

We rented Bruce Almighty and Freaky Friday. I loved them both!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    Thanks SnowflakeGirl; that sounds perfect, no plot means I don't have to tell him what's giong on every time his mind wanders due to no violence/eye candy!
    No worries there, queenb, the violence doesn't let up for a second but having said that, I loved Once Upon a Time in Mexico. But I dunno, Antonio seems to be getting a little way-too-past-40 to be El Mariachi for much longer...
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by milly
    We rented Bruce Almighty and Freaky Friday. I loved them both!!!!
    Same here, and I liked both. I also rented Untown girls which was ok, but Dakota Fanning (my fav) was great in it

I also enjoyed Whale Rider and Spellbound-both I reccomend

Igby Goes Down. It had a good cast but, I just couldn't get into it. The story was good however, I didn't really care about Igby. When you don't care about the supposed lead, what's the point?

I watched Fight Club (again). This time with Chuck Palahniuk's commentary.
    No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.

FORT Fan
    I just watched Thirteen which is very good but somewhat frustrating/repetitive at times. A few weeks ago I rented Spellbound and Bend It Like Beckham, both of which are also good. Spellbound probably won't interest you much if you've ever watched the National Spelling Bee before, it's really nothing other than that aside from providing background on some of the contestants. Bend It Like Beckham is a lot of fun, but be prepared for lots of British humor.

Fade to black
    I recently rented Whale Rider - great story/movie, and the acting by Hughes (the young girl) is sensational - she's nominated for Best Actress at the Oscars and is only 13 (and what's even more amazing is that she was 10 or 11 when they filmed this). I highly recommend the movie.

Oh and I know Down with Love was a critical/commercial failure, but I liked it. Probably because I'm corny like that movie is.

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    Underworld - perhaps a sequel in it. Very stylish - reminded me of Dark City.
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

+ Reply to Thread