+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 420 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Last night we watched Once Upon a Time in Mexico, a pretty splashy, flashy finish to Robert Rodriguez's Mariachi trilogy. Johnny Depp really steals the show here, and I was cracking up at the things he was wearing (Rodriguez let him pick his own wardrobe). If you rent the DVD, you must make sure to watch the extras. You'll be amazed at the way Robert Rodriguez is involved in every single aspect of his movie (he has his own studio in his GARAGE at home!)--and you might even learn how to make roasted pork!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I meant to watch Hulk last night, but fell asleep after first 20 minutes. No intention to try to watch it again.

I watched Whale Rider a few days ago. I liked it a lot, it has a bit of a documentary feel to it, and the storyline was touching yet not sappy. There is something almost magical about it, I just had to sit and watch it. I might have to see if I can find the book in library one of these days.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I rented "Once Upon A Time In Mexico" and "Animal House". Too busy watching Royal Rumble last night so I will watch them today.

Hmm... I guess that would have been the John Cusack flick, Identity.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Over the weekend I rented Identity and The Italian Job
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    I meant to watch Hulk last night, but fell asleep after first 20 minutes. No intention to try to watch it again.

I watched Whale Rider a few days ago. I liked it a lot, it has a bit of a documentary feel to it, and the storyline was touching yet not sappy. There is something almost magical about it, I just had to sit and watch it. I might have to see if I can find the book in library one of these days.
    I loved Whale Rider. I was crying like 5 minutes into the movie though, I'm a softy!

Hulk didn't work for me either. That's one of the movies I consider a good "reading flick"--meaning I take a book or something out to read while it's playing. I can't stop a DVD, otherwise I feel like I wasted my money!
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    Over the weekend I rented Identity and The Italian Job
    Finally Here, I can't help but read your posts with a different eye now that you have Ron as your avatar.

Basquiat. I was disappointed in it. For me, Michael Wincott was the best thing in this movie and of course the voice of Dafoe. It was hard for me to feel sorry about a coke head who cheated on his girlfriend (she was pretty but her acting didn't do it for me) and disloyal to his friends, DelTorro and Wincott. Yeah, he got fame and money but, he died a junkie. What was interesting was how he felt he was treated as a minority by the critics and a group of white business mean in a fancy restaurant, while his "art" friend Warhol (Bowie) was white --as white as they come.

Can anyone tell me if "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" is good? I'm thinking, shooting and so forth for him, Antonio Banderas and Johnny Depp for me.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

QueenB, yes I enjoyed [B]Once Upon a Time in Mexico, and yes there is tasty Antonio and Johnny for you () and shooting and don't forget the Salma Hayek for him ().

ETA: Just please don't be too concerned over such trivial things as "plot" here.

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    Underword ***
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen *
    Out of Time **

-Randy
    'And it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.'
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

+ Reply to Thread