+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 420 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Lost Souls with Wynona Ryder. It has to do the the devil possession at a certain time and day. Wynona finds the future victim. Will others believe her? Will she be able to stop him or will she falter at the last moment? No big special effects but parts still creeped me out.

Rented and watched "Chalies Angels Full Throttle," and "The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer" this past weekend.

Really expected more scare from "The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer" - it is the prequel to "Rose Red," which scared the bejeebers out of me. Would be interesting to go back and watch "Rose Red" now.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey
    ......Really expected more scare from "The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer" - it is the prequel to "Rose Red," which scared the bejeebers out of me. Would be interesting to go back and watch "Rose Red" now.
    I don't remember these. Could you tell a little something about them and do you recommend them?

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I don't remember these. Could you tell a little something about them and do you recommend them?
    "Rose Red" was actually a six-hour televesion miniseries written by Stephen King. You can find it at Blockbuster in a two DVD (or VHS tape) collection. This came out sometime last year, I think, and literally scared me to death! I LOVE scary movies (not gross, bloody, cut 'em all up type movies), and this one was great! It's about a psychology professor, Dr. Joyce Reardon, who leads a team of psychics into a decrepit mansion known as Rose Red. Her efforts unleashed the spirit of former owner Ellen Rimbauer and uncovered the horrifying secrets of those who lived and died there.

"The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer" just came out on DVD (again, it was a made-for-tv movie), and was done as the prequel to "Rose Red." It is really good . . .but not too terribly scary. The author of the book is Ridley Pearson, a great mystery novelist whose works I have recently begun reading. Stephen King was also an Executive Producer of this movie.

In my opinion, "Rose Red" is by far the scarier of the two movies, but I would recommend them both!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Chrelsey, thanks for the info!

The kids rented the Hulk this weekend.
    Talk about a crappy movie. It was boring, made no sense, had way too much pointless conversation and was filmed way too dark (I hate when you can't see what is going on) The Hulk didn't even look good, it was just an all around bad movie.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I rented Chasing Amy this past week. Although there were some funny scenes, I think this was the worst Kevin Smith movie. His other four movies are a lot more funnier.

Are you kidding me? Old School is one of the funniest movies ever. Will Farrel is one of the funniest people ever. We've watched this movie so many times in college and it has not gotten old. "You know it!"

I watched The Life of David Gale 3 times in one week at college, and it was just as good every time. This movie is damn intrigueing and sure throws you for a loop at the end.
    Last edited by boxman113; 11-02-2003 at 08:39 AM.

Focus with William F. It deals with anti-semitism and how it affects people. Are only the Jewish people discriminated against? No.

+ Reply to Thread