+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 420 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

White Oleander. The story was good and so were the other actresses. The only one who didn't move, but bored me was the daugther who was the center of the story. The only time I remember seeing acting that bland was in Godfather III with the girl who played Pacino's daughter. This White Oleander girl did not down play the character--it was comatosed.

Fade to black
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    BTW I love P.T. Anderson too (dir. Magnolia). The frogs are an allusion to the bible (like the rain of locusts), an indication that the character's lives are all on the verge of cataclysmic change. Or something like that.
    P.T. Anderson rocks. He also directed the much underrated Punch Drunk Love where Adam Sandler actually proves he's more than just a funny guy. The scene in Magnolia where they are all singing the Aimee Mann song is one of my favs ever.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

My girlfriends and i went away on a girls weekend and some of them had never seen any of the porky's movies...so we rented them and had a good time watching them

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    I rented The Life of David Gale, Final Destination 2, and Spun. The Life of David Gale was the only good one.

how was final destination 2...i saw the first one...was the second one any good

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    My daughter and I watched 'How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days' and 'Two Weeks Notice' this weekend. We decided that either movie would have been better if Matthew McConaughey and Sandra Bullock would have been together in it. She's not that big on Hugh Grant and I'm on the fence about Kate Hudson. That aside, both movies were good and I'll probably buy them when the price is right.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lioness_1975
    how was final destination 2...i saw the first one...was the second one any good
    Horrible, just plain horrible... If you do not want to see complete and utter crap, do not see this movie.

The day before yesterday, my best friend, some of her friends and I had a HUGE film fest. Took us all thru the night and into the late morning.

The movies we rented:

"The Emperor's Club" - I never took to "Dead Poet's Society", and I liked this film even less. Go read "The Palace Thief" (the story which it's based upon) instead - it's a more subdued, deft, and less glossed-over piece of work.

"eXistenZ" - One word: mind-f**k. (And not even the good kind.)

"Spider" - Ditto. This one is excellent, however. The ultimate mark of the auteur. Ingenious, gothic, complex, and confusing. Left me feeling kind of cold, though.

"Darkman" - Really old (1991) superhero-thriller starring Liam Neeson. This film was my personal choice - no one else wanted to watch it. In the end, I didn't want to watch it, neither.

"Twenty-Four Hours in London" - Never, ever watch this drivel. I forgot whose choice this was. Big mistake - we took the tape out halfway into the movie. 'Nuff said.

"Wasabi" - Cutesy Japanese cop-action/comedy film starring Luc Besson and Ryoko Hirosue. Too much cutsiness (Hirosue got irritating fast), and too little action.

"Big Night" - YAY! We ended the film fest on something good! I strongly recommend this one, especially for fans of "Like Water for Chocolate", "Tampopo", or "Eat Drink Men Women". An intelligent food movie that deals w/ romance, heartbreak, restauranteur anxiety, and (of course!) glorious Italian food. Starring brother Primo (Tony Shalboub!) and Secundo (Stanley Tucci). YUM!! (Left us feeling more a mite peckish, though. )

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    White Oleander. The story was good and so were the other actresses. The only one who didn't move, but bored me was the daugther who was the center of the story. The only time I remember seeing acting that bland was in Godfather III with the girl who played Pacino's daughter. This White Oleander girl did not down play the character--it was comatosed.
    Eldee,

I had read the book a couple of years ago and I was really looking for a good film adaptation. WRONG! The girl that played the daughter had the emotional range of dried fruit. I loved Michelle Pfeiffer and Renée Zellweger, but it was such a disappointment.
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

Quote Originally Posted by Lioness_1975
    My girlfriends and i went away on a girls weekend and some of them had never seen any of the porky's movies...so we rented them and had a good time watching them
    Ah, Porky's. I remember standing guard at my buddy's door while we watched that movie in his room. Our parents were chatting upstairs. That's a classic for adolescent boys. Haven't seen that movie in years, but I can still rather clearly remember the scene with Kim Cattrall in the towel room.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread