+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 420 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393143 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

I haven't seen 13 Days, aj, so I don't know. A good example of the accent is Good Will Hunting. At least Matt Damon and Ben Affleck are from here.

I've had people say to me when they first meet me "Wow, you don't sound like a Kennedy". Umm, yeah they're a breed unto themselves. I actually don't have an accent, though, so if you ever meet me aj, I won't sound like your NH boy, even though I grew up in NH.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Fade to black
    Rented "Secretary" last night. Definitely a weird, off color movie. One of the strangest love stories you'll ever see - but I liked it. Great acting, nice direction and a couple scenes that'll have you laughing they are so shocking.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Really liked "Secretary" as well which I think I already posted. Can't remember.

Recently saw "Antoine Fisher" which I thought was amazingly good. Very inspiring.

Originally posted by splatty
    Really liked "Secretary" as well which I think I already posted. Can't remember.
    You did, splatty. Two pages back.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I finally rented The Matrix the other day. I loved it! I honestly didn't think I would, either.

Amelie--What a funny, random movie. Didn't quite know what to expect from this, but it made me laugh a lot!
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

Blue Meanie, I also saw Amelie in the past two weeks and enjoyed it very much!

Rented and saw Old School. Not as good (read: "funny") as I had hoped; not as bad (read: "stupid") as I had expected.

I liked the premise: guys in their (very) late 20's or early 30's who were never given the tools or knowledge to rectify their carefree, wild younger days with the domestic lives they lead.

One segment really spoke to me:

Frank (Will Ferrell): I told my wife I wouldn't drink tonight. Besides, I got a big day tomorrow. You guys have a great time.

College Student: A big day? Doing what?

Frank: Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

I couldn't stop laughing, and dear "J." knew why I was laughing, too. (Right, men? Right?!)
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

The Legend of Bagger Vance was a very nice movie, even if you're not a golf fan. In general, it was about what people lose in themselves and their relationships and how to find it again. It's also a good family fillm. The tempo was steady the whole way through. It does what it is supposed to do...give a couple of lessons, some moments of anxiety for the character, and a happy ending. It starred, Matt Damon, Will Smith, and Charleze Thelmon(?)-the girl from The Cider House Rules and The Devil's Advocate.

Requiem for a Dream. Has anyone seen it? At first, I thought it might go no where, them ZOOM! It starred Jard Leto from the TV series, My So Called Life, which should have stayed on air. Jennifer Connelly from A Beautiful Mind, and Ellen Burnstyn from the Exorcist, and Marlon Wayans from the TV comedy series, In Living Color.

Basically, it was about people's desires and also their want to be loved, admired, and successful. They go about it in a way that will later lead to disaster. Sorry, there is definately no Hollywood ending here. The camera work and editing was what really did it for me. It also blatantly exposed their addictions and decent into a hell where they can not escape. I got the edited version, but have no idea what could have been left out.

+ Reply to Thread