+ Reply to Thread
Page 420 of 420 FirstFirst ... 320370410411412413414415416417418419420
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 4200
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Another to put on my list...I had forgotten about that one. I would think it does ask hard questions about one's values - where do you place your family? Why do you even have a family when they are at risk? How far would you go to protect those you love or feel a responsibility?

Off to Netlix. P.S. the second movie can be placed on Save.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-16-2014 at 07:12 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

We watched The Family with Robert De Niro and Michelle Pfeiffer, as a mafia family relocated to Normandy under the witness protection program after he snitched on his fellow mobsters. Not as good as I'd hoped, but it had a few moments of black humor.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    We watched The Family with Robert De Niro and Michelle Pfeiffer, as a mafia family relocated to Normandy under the witness protection program after he snitched on his fellow mobsters. Not as good as I'd hoped, but it had a few moments of black humor.
    I think the funniest parts I saw in the previews, it wasn't bad ( $1.50 from Redbox)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

We just watched Lone Survivor yesterday. It was really good. I can't believe some of the things that happen to our men while serving our country. Super good movie, not for faint of heart (the boys get really torn up), and I love the end when they show the pictures of the guys from the real Red Wings.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    We just watched Lone Survivor yesterday. It was really good. I can't believe some of the things that happen to our men while serving our country. Super good movie, not for faint of heart (the boys get really torn up), and I love the end when they show the pictures of the guys from the real Red Wings.
    Rent 'Murph: The Protector' a documentary about 1 of the guys. Excellent!!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Neighbors - it was was hilarious. I assumed that they showed all the funny parts in the previews, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was good.
    Leftcoaster likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Words and Pictures starring Clive Owen and Juliette Binoche. Really sweet - and not fluffy - romantic dramedy about two of my favorite things - art and the written word.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Godzilla ...wow it was horrible! I love action movies, I grew up loving Godzilla, but Godzilla basically made a cameo in this one. Blech! And I was so looking forward to it.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Godzilla ...wow it was horrible! I love action movies, I grew up loving Godzilla, but Godzilla basically made a cameo in this one. Blech! And I was so looking forward to it.
    How did it compare to the Matthew Broderick Godzilla movie from the late 90's" That one wasn't great, but I'll admit to a certain fondness for it.

Sad that one of Bryan Cranston's first (or was it actually the first?) movies after Breaking Bad turned out to be such a clunker.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    How did it compare to the Matthew Broderick Godzilla movie from the late 90's" That one wasn't great, but I'll admit to a certain fondness for it.

Sad that one of Bryan Cranston's first (or was it actually the first?) movies after Breaking Bad turned out to be such a clunker.
    I never saw the Broderick one but my husband did and he said that one was a hair better. I really expected with Bryan Cranston (and some really good actors) this would be a stellar movie (or at least fun). It was neither. I thought Pacific Rim was closer to that "Godzilla" feel then this movie.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread