+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 420 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    I rented Biker Boyz over the weekend. It was ok, but I didn't like the ending.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Amelie was a very funny movie! I'm so glad I saw it. I highly recommend it! I don't know who the french lead is, but she definately fit the part. It was a "feel good" movie.

Just rented Big Trouble and The Replacement Killers. Enjoyed 'em both.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I bought Big Trouble--very much my kind of movie.

(I don't rent anything anymore--I can't ever sit and watch it, and get it back on time. I have to watch most movies in 15 min. increments. Children, you understand.)
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

My favorite line from Big Trouble: "My cockles are burning." It makes me laugh every time I think of it. And the sound that suitcase made every time it touched the floor made me laugh out loud. Every time!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

We rented "Catch Me If You Can", "Deliver us From Eva", and "About Schmidt". They were all pretty good. I was surprised about "Catch..". Someone recommended it, and I'm glad I watched it. How the heck did someone so young come up with all those crazy ideas... and get away with them for so long?!

"About Schmidt" was really good also. Kind of sad to see an old man so depressed about his life though. Loved the foster child letters!

I finally saw "The Hours". I did think it was a beautiful film, albeit slightly uneven (my favorite character arc was the one involving Laura Brown, the 50s housewife played by Julianne Moore).

Also, I was so attached to the book that the alterations in the adapation were difficult for me to accept, and I thought the film was much more heavy-handed and sentimental than Cunningham's deft prose.

I also saw a majorly freaky Japanese film called "Audition", about a widower who decides to hold audtions for the woman who will become his new wife. I don't know what to tell you about this one, except that the first hour is a disarming romantic comedy, and the second...A SADISTIC TOUR THROUGH HELL. I am still reeling from this one.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    One minute it is romantic and the next is scary. Freaky!
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

I watched "Catch Me If You Can" last night. Good movie although it was slow in some parts, imo. I'm also not a big fan of Leo, and Tom Hanks' accent annoyed me throughout the movie. It sounded like he was trying to have a Boston accent, but just ended up sounding like the Kennedys, which I might add sound nothing like Bostonians.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Originally posted by greenflute98
    It sounded like he was trying to have a Boston accent, but just ended up sounding like the Kennedys, which I might add sound nothing like Bostonians.
    You know, that reminds me. Have you ever seen "13 Days", gf? I didn't like that movie for a lot of reasons, but the main one is that I hated the way the actors butchered what I thought was supposed to be a NE accent (which I may have mentioned a time or ten that I'm in love with.) When I talked about it with my old N.H. boy, he said that he thought it was spot-on, and, since he grew up in the area, I had to defer to his greater knowledge on the subject. Was he right?

+ Reply to Thread