+ Reply to Thread
Page 417 of 420 FirstFirst ... 317367407408409410411412413414415416417418419420 LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 4194
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

FORT Fogey

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

I could not even do Bambi. My kids never saw a movie where an animal was in danger.
    Punkin and libgirl2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I saw Old Yellar, that did me in, that was sobbing and then more sobbing
    I have heard of the movie but I have no interest in knowing the plot!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

War Horse was really hard in parts (barbed wire a horror!) but the ending was so happy. Same with Slumdog Millionaire, Life of Pi and so many really wonderful movies. But I cover my eyes during the hard parts and I can trust my DH to let me know when it is OK to look again. Odd that I can watch serial killer movies, but can't deal with animals in peril.

Last week we Redbox rented Parkland, really good movie about the day JKF was assassinated as it was experienced by the Parkland Hospital staff, Secret Service, Police, Zapruder and Oswald's family. (Never knew he had a brother and totally whacked out mother.) Still evoked so many strong memories and tears, but we enjoyed it.

Today we rented The Heat from Redbox. It was hilarious, with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. I really love McCarthy's movies. I've never seen her Mike & Molly because I don't watch any sitcoms, but I can't imagine her being as funny as in her movies because of her outrageous irreverence and the language not allowed on Networks.
    Last edited by Punkin; 11-12-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    War Horse was really hard in parts (barbed wire a horror!) but the ending was so happy. Same with Slumdog Millionaire, Life of Pi and so many really wonderful movies. But I cover my eyes during the hard parts and I can trust my DH to let me know when it is OK to look again. Odd that I can watch serial killer movies, but can't deal with animals in peril.

Last week we Redbox rented Parkland, really good movie about the day JKF was assassinated as it was experienced by the Parkland Hospital staff, Secret Service, Police, Zapruder and Oswald's family. (Never knew he had a brother and totally whacked out mother.) Still evoked so many strong memories and tears, but we enjoyed it.

Today we rented The Heat from Redbox. It was hilarious, with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. I really love McCarthy's movies. I've never seen her Mike & Molly because I don't watch any sitcoms, but I can't imagine her being as funny as in her movies because of her outrageous irreverence and the language not allowed on Networks.
    I got notice that The Heat is at Redbox, I am glad you liked it. We still haven't seen Gravity, and now this is in.
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    We watched The Heat tonight. I laughed throughout the entire movie. It's hilarious!
    We finally watched it. OMG we laughed all through it as well. I hope they do The heat 2!

When Bullocks character was talking with Tatiana I loved it when McCarthy's character said move over Rosetta Stone!!
    Punkin and JavaJo like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yesterday I streamed Death by China from Netflix. Wow! Blew my mind. We should be very, very afraid of China. This is no People's Republic of China. It is Communist China, and in the worst way. If you like shopping at Walmart (I've never even been inside one), you might be purchasing goods produced by slave labor in a prison or by very young people forced to work 16hr. days, 7 days a week for a pittance. 90% of the tilapia sold here is from China. Only 1% of tilapia imports are inspected, and of the 1% - 65% of that is rejected because of contaminants. The rest is sold without inspection.

China is focused on taking us down as a leading international power and our congress and consumerism is making it possible. China is in the process of the largest military buildup of a totalitarian government since the 1930's and they are getting all this technology from the international corporations who do not have the interests of the American people on their agenda.

I will read the label on everything I buy from now on to be sure I'm not buying from China. Of course I won't be able to buy a microwave, television, cell phone, etc., etc., etc...... I highly recommend this documentary to everyone. It will make you think of China as a very dangerous adversary.

Iron Man 3 - I'm not the biggest super hero movie fan and I know nothing about the comics. I enjoyed it as a fun action movie. It kept me interested and the special effects were great!

FORT Fogey

Odd that I can watch serial killer movies, but can't deal with animals in peril.
    Not odd at all. I would venture to say every human being reacts the exact same way. Human nature. Odd if someone would not respond this way. Hard to admit that we are part of the whole and not special in our beliefs, I know. It is not unique to feel more for animals than humans. They are innocent and do not have the understanding we do. Or do they? They are probalby more in touch. Still hurts even though I know that.
    Punkin likes this.

Punpkin wrote:
    Yesterday I streamed Death by China from Netflix. Wow! Blew my mind. We should be very, very afraid of China. This is no People's Republic of China. It is Communist China, and in the worst way. If you like shopping at Walmart (I've never even been inside one), you might be purchasing goods produced by slave labor in a prison or by very young people forced to work 16hr. days, 7 days a week for a pittance. 90% of the tilapia sold here is from China. Only 1% of tilapia imports are inspected, and of the 1% - 65% of that is rejected because of contaminants. The rest is sold without inspection.

China is focused on taking us down as a leading international power and our congress and consumerism is making it possible. China is in the process of the largest military buildup of a totalitarian government since the 1930's and they are getting all this technology from the international corporations who do not have the interests of the American people on their agenda.

I will read the label on everything I buy from now on to be sure I'm not buying from China. Of course I won't be able to buy a microwave, television, cell phone, etc., etc., etc...... I highly recommend this documentary to everyone. It will make you think of China as a very dangerous adversary.

The latest news is that China is easing up on the one child per couple law and will allow those who were only children to have two children - three if you live in the country. It is also reported that the 'slave' camps will be abolished. They have been communist since the civil war. They will always be totalitarian, but have shown an easing with the re-absorption of Hong Kong.

However, as you pointed out, it is always good to be skeptical and on guard against those with repressive histories.

I just finished The Croods - very sugary with a forced lesson of faith and love.
    Punkin likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

We saw The Purge. I know reviews weren't great, but I really liked it. It makes you wonder at what price is peace and prosperity really worth it?
    Punkin likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread