+ Reply to Thread
Page 416 of 420 FirstFirst ... 316366406407408409410411412413414415416417418419420 LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 4196
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I liked it too, though I'm usually not a monster-movie fan (I prefer the human - or human-like - ones like Michael Myers). Absolute favourite character was Ron Perlman's Hannibal Chau, as I had a hard time separating Charlie Hunnam's Raleigh from his SOA character - maybe if he'd been able to drop his American accent. Also liked the jo staff battle sequences. I do wish we'd gone to see it on the big screen, though.
    It would have been epic on the big screen. Ron Perlman was an unexpected and pleasant surprise as I didn't know he was in it.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Blackfish - I watched this after hearing multiple good reviews from completely unconnected people. It is a documentary about orcas being held in captivity. It covers the history of this practice and goes over the history of accidents occurring with trainers. It was a very well made documentary and I completely believed the former trainers who were involved. I found it interesting and informative. It was completely one-sided in that there was no involvement with the "other side" of this story, but the film doesn't really make any claims that it is unbiased. There is a statement that they asked Sea World to be involved and were refused.

There was video footage of a trainer who was pulled to the bottom of a very deep tank multiple times by an orca he was working with. Apparently the guy had deep water diving experience and knew how to deal with the pressure of the deep water and how to breathe properly to recover when he was brought back to the surface. It was just amazing that guy stayed calm enough to survive the situation!!!

Note: Technically I didn't "rent" this. After I put it on my Netflix queue I learned that it is still airing on CNN.

Star Trek Into Darkness - Honestly, I was disappointed. Normally it doesn't take much to entertain me. I have no problem suspending belief or just enjoying something for the popcorn factor. The movie was beautiful and I continue to enjoy the new cast. However, I strongly disliked that they went there with so many things. You can have nods to the mythology of something without shoehorning it blatantly in my face. I would have preferred if they just did a brand new bad guy/new story/etc.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I watched War Horse and The Impossible (about the 2004 tsunami) back to back...yeah, I went through a good half box of tissue. Happy endings, but so sad and brutal getting there.
    Punkin likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I watched War Horse and The Impossible (about the 2004 tsunami) back to back...yeah, I went through a good half box of tissue. Happy endings, but so sad and brutal getting there.
    I saw the play 'war horse' and sobbed, I don't think I could see the movie
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Oh, when I watched the barbed wire scene I was a sobbing mess.
    Punkin likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

That's why I'll never see that one, Way. I'd be destroyed. Hidalgo almost did me in. I'm sure War Horse is a good movie, but I just can't see it. Stuff like that with animals is too much for me.

I just got the Joss Whedon Much Ado About Nothing in the mail from Netflix. I'm waiting until I have two uninterrupted hours so I can really savor it.
    beerbelly and SpringMaiden27 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Last Holiday with Queen Latifa is a fun upbeat movie. Loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I will never be able to see the movie (or play). Since I was little, movies or TV shows with animals in any kind of danger and God forbid dying make me fall apart. I used to cry at the opening credits of the Lassie TV show.
    Punkin likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I will never be able to see the movie (or play). Since I was little, movies or TV shows with animals in any kind of danger and God forbid dying make me fall apart. I used to cry at the opening credits of the Lassie TV show.
    I saw Old Yellar, that did me in, that was sobbing and then more sobbing
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread