+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

And I did try to go into the movie with the mindset that it isn't the book, just enjoy.... still
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

This is next in my queue. I'm not a zombie fan and haven't read the book, so I'm hoping as an action film it works for me.

Epic. As I watched this cartoon, I thought...this is stupid, but I kept going and found the usual "all is right in the world" ending to be all right. What worries me, is that I keep seeing the gel like paintings of the forest in my mind. The colors are so vibrant, they really stand out as they would with hand painted gel.

42. As expected with some terrific cultural reminders. I really liked the love story with his wife.

People Like Us. I mean, c'mon, Chris Pine. This was an eccentric family story where, in the end, they all accept their differences and family...happy ending to an interesting drama.

Oz the Great and Powerful
    . I lasted ten minutes before hitting the eject button. I'm still shaking my head.

Olympus Has Fallen. I've seen better political action flicks, but this one was all right. There were holes aplenty, but it provided a happy ending.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Oz the Great and Powerful. I lasted ten minutes before hitting the eject button. I'm still shaking my head.
    I'm actually really surprised at this. I went in skeptical and I don't like James Franco, but I just went with it and ended up enjoying the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I'm actually really surprised at this. I went in skeptical and I don't like James Franco, but I just went with it and ended up enjoying the movie.
    I went in not expecting much and really enjoyed it. I'd watch it again.

Olympus Has Fallen I was so looking forward to seeing this, I fell asleep Hubby liked it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

There was just something about Oz that gave me the heebie jeebies and I really, really like The Wizard of Oz. Perhaps in the future I'll give it another go.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'm not planning on seeing this. It is supposed to be a movie set in the jazz age from a book that is set in the jazz age. Modern music does not belong. I did enjoy the Robert Redford/Mia Farrow version.

I haven't seen the 1949 version, which I'd like to see, or the 1926 version, which was a silent film and I don't think it exists anymore.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I haven't seen Oz the Great and Powerful yet. The Wizard of Oz is one of my all time favorite movies & I'm afraid of being dissappointed. That Oz movie they put out about 10-20 years ago was dreadful! I hated to see those people I loved so much, ruined like that.
    I don't want to go through that again.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

World War Z. It wasn't as scary as I anticipated (though I did FF a few times) but I thought the story too rushed in the beginning to set up the virus. The end that wasn't the end was too slow for true closure. I liked it, but it didn't thrill me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    World War Z. It wasn't as scary as I anticipated (though I did FF a few times) but I thought the story too rushed in the beginning to set up the virus. The end that wasn't the end was too slow for true closure. I liked it, but it didn't thrill me.
    I liked the beginning, but then it got boring when they got to WHO. I actually read a book during parts of it (a zombie book too!)
    waywyrd likes this.

+ Reply to Thread