+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Take Shelter - I thought poor Michael Shannon was just nuts until the end of the movie. Very good.

Hansel and Gretel Get Baked - Yeah, it's just as dumb as I thought it would be. And Lara Flynn Boyle is frightening looking. Without the old hag makeup.

Straight A's - Not bad. Ryan Phillippe did a good job as the wayward brother. I don't know how this was billed as a romantic comedy, because I found it a little sad. But whatever.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Finally saw Django Unchained. My love for anything Tarantino is again validated. And Christoph Waltz needs to do more movies. Never liked Jamie Foxx but he was also wonderful as Django. DiCaprio is hit-and-miss for me, but I count this one as a hit. Violent and ugly, yeah, but slavery is an ugly subject. We were surprised at the length of the movie but we weren't bored for a single minute.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Finally saw Django Unchained. My love for anything Tarantino is again validated. And Christoph Waltz needs to do9/10 for us more movies. Never liked Jamie Foxx but he was also wonderful as Django. DiCaprio is hit-and-miss for me, but I count this one as a hit. Violent and ugly, yeah, but slavery is an ugly subject. We were surprised at the length of the movie but we weren't bored for a single minute.
    I agree, we had to see it more than once.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Billy Connelly is wonderful, the movies leaves you wanting more
    Just watched and LOVED it. I burned a copy to keep. Billy Connelly was fantastic. All the performances were great as were the real musicians and singers who actually live at the home and did their own singing and playing.

I was also delighted to see that Andrew Sachs (formerly Manuel on Fawlty Towers was one of the stars.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Just watched and LOVED it. I burned a copy to keep. Billy Connelly was fantastic. All the performances were great as were the real musicians and singers who actually live at the home and did their own singing and playing.

I was also delighted to see that Andrew Sachs (formerly Manuel on Fawlty Towers was one of the stars.
    I am so gad you loved it. It was good to see Andrew, I love anything Fawlty.
    Florimel and libgirl2 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Okay, I just put a hold on Quartet at my library. All these reviews (and Andrew Sachs!) has got me wanting to see it.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We got "The Intouchables" from the library. It's in French with subtitles, and is based on a true story. It was a really good story, and there where times when we laughed out loud (which is weird because you wouldn't think a movie about a filthy rich multi-millionaire would be all that funny.

FORT Fogey

I LOVED that movie AZChristian! It was one of those that just had me smiling all the way through!
    AZChristian likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Oh, that Edward Scissorhands, he making me cry! He hasa scissors for the hands!

We've been purchasing some older movies to introduce to my young teens. Edward Scissorhands went over really well.

We also watched the Bourne Trilogy with them. We all enjoyed ourselves... such a great series.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

We watched the remake of Evil Dead. Not that great. Maybe as I am a fan of the original movies, this was a let down. I missed the thread of humor of the second. I missed Bruce Campbell. I thought there was some potential and it wasn't realized.
    AJane likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread