+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

  1. #4001
    Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,368

    Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

    SKYFALL This is the first Bond movie I've watched in many years and I totally enjoyed it - even bringing back the old Corvette.

    There will be another Bond because they said so at the very end...but it will have a new M and a new Moneypenny - both of whom were terrific in this movie.

    About the only thing I knew of Daniel Craig (other than seeing him in adverts for the Bond films) was that when he married Juliet Mills, everyone thought he was an upstart trying to ride the acting Mills family coattails. And he was much younger than she was...scandalous. Anyway - look at him now - the aging Bond.

    Though I loved this movie, I don't think I want to go back and "catch up" on the films I haven't seen.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  2. #4002
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,353

    Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

    Nurse Jackie season 4. I love this show.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  3. #4003
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,196

    Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

    Life of Pi. My son and I both really enjoyed it. It was a very different and engaging kind of story and it succeeded in surprising me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

  4. #4004
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,641

    Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    SKYFALL This is the first Bond movie I've watched in many years and I totally enjoyed it - even bringing back the old Corvette.

    There will be another Bond because they said so at the very end...but it will have a new M and a new Moneypenny - both of whom were terrific in this movie.

    About the only thing I knew of Daniel Craig (other than seeing him in adverts for the Bond films) was that when he married Juliet Mills, everyone thought he was an upstart trying to ride the acting Mills family coattails. And he was much younger than she was...scandalous. Anyway - look at him now - the aging Bond.


    Though I loved this movie, I don't think I want to go back and "catch up" on the films I haven't seen.
    No. Totally wrong actor. Daniel Craig has been married twice. He's currently married to Rachel Weisz.

    Juliet Mills has been married to Maxwell Caulfield since 1980...when Daniel Craig was 12. If marrying JM was just a career move, I think they wouldn't have stayed married for 33 years. Plus, her career was waning at that point, so marrying her to further his career wouldn't have been very smart to begin with. I just think they fell in love and the difference in their ages didn't matter.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  5. #4005
    runs with scissors waywyrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    21,396

    Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

    Ariel, if you liked Skyfall, you might want to check out Casino Royale, too. Daniel Craig makes an excellent Bond, in my opinion.

    We watched Zookeeper with Kevin James. Not nearly as funny/cute as I'd hoped it would be. Meh.

    Also The Caller, a weird time-warping ghost story. Not bad once I figured out what was up.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

  6. #4006
    Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,368

    Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    No. Totally wrong actor. Daniel Craig has been married twice. He's currently married to Rachel Weisz.

    Juliet Mills has been married to Maxwell Caulfield since 1980...when Daniel Craig was 12. If marrying JM was just a career move, I think they wouldn't have stayed married for 33 years. Plus, her career was waning at that point, so marrying her to further his career wouldn't have been very smart to begin with. I just think they fell in love and the difference in their ages didn't matter.
    Oops, blew that memory.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  7. #4007
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,957

    Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    No. Totally wrong actor. Daniel Craig has been married twice. He's currently married to Rachel Weisz.

    Juliet Mills has been married to Maxwell Caulfield since 1980...when Daniel Craig was 12. If marrying JM was just a career move, I think they wouldn't have stayed married for 33 years. Plus, her career was waning at that point, so marrying her to further his career wouldn't have been very smart to begin with. I just think they fell in love and the difference in their ages didn't matter.
    I remember when they got married... all the gossip that went on. Good for them, 33 years is amazing for a celebrity marriage.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  8. #4008
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,641

    Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I remember when they got married... all the gossip that went on. Good for them, 33 years is amazing for a celebrity marriage.
    I think so too. I was a fan of his and grew up watching her on Nanny and the Professor. At the time, it seemed like an odd pairing, but it's obviously a good match. I was curious to see what they were both doing now and it looks like they're working a lot in episodic television in the UK.

    I still have the last Bourne movie at home from Netflix. I want to watch it again before I send it back, but I've been binge watching Alias for the last few weeks, with an interruption for the Comcast Watchathon. I've got some good movies (I hope) in my DVD queue if I ever send back the one I have!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  9. #4009
    Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,368

    Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

    I've been missing Casino Royale which has been playing on SyFy the past couple of days. By the time I see the listing, an hour has gone by. Okay...ordering it on Netflix.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  10. #4010
    chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,099

    Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Life of Pi. My son and I both really enjoyed it. It was a very different and engaging kind of story and it succeeded in surprising me.
    We just watched that as well. It is a really engaging story, and a discussion starter, as we found out.

    No other movies as of late. My 12 year old got the first season of the original star treks out of the library... which we have been watching (yeah, I don't mind watching with her). She also has been getting all of the Psych series, so we've been watching those as well. Just waiting for the sixth season of that one.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.