+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

I'm expecting Argo in my mailbox today. I thought it would be wait listed for a lot longer on Netflix, but happily I'll watch it tonight or tomorrw.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Maybe if I move it to the top of the queue it will be ready to go faster. Right now it is in very long wait status.

I've seen commercials stating that The Hobbit is available today, maybe for sale only as it won't release on Netflix until April 16th.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Carnage. I don't know what to think of this one - was it supposed to be a drama? Because by the time Kate Winslet was puking in the bucket, Jodie Foster was screeching like a banshee and John C. Reilly was cracking one liners, I was laughing my ass off.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Too Big To Fail. For some perverse reason I enjoy re-visiting the banking crisis. This is a film from a book made by HBO with good actors and a tight narrative.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

We have The Hobbit for this weekend. I am not a huge LOTR fan, but found the movies entertaining enough (and I love Gollum). I am looking forward to it however.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Maybe if I move it to the top of the queue it will be ready to go faster. Right now it is in very long wait status.

I've seen commercials stating that The Hobbit is available today, maybe for sale only as it won't release on Netflix until April 16th.
    I did have Argo at the top of my list. Its status was long wait and I was surprised to see it had been shipped. I thought it was very good.

As for The Hobbit, my son did a pre-order of the DVD from Walmart for my birthday. With it came four featurettes and a trailer on Vudu available on March 12 and the movie itself became watchable on Vudu on March 19th, I think, maybe before that. I got the DVD in the mail by March 19th. I learned that Vudu is owned by Walmart, so I think they may have some of these offers on occasion. In this case, I thought it was a very good deal.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I loved The Hobbit, but I'm waiting for the special extended edition box set later this year.
    JLuvs and momrek06 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I had a friend mention about some of the long waits for DVDs when I was telling her about some of the recent movies/shows I have seen. I get mine from the library I work at. I guess I should consider myself lucky as we get all the best titles, and multiple copies at that. Currently, I'm on hold for Silver Linings Playbook of which we have 15 copies on order. When you add in a one week checkout, the wait is not bad at all.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Too Big To Fail. For some perverse reason I enjoy re-visiting the banking crisis. This is a film from a book made by HBO with good actors and a tight narrative.
    It's sad that virtually nothing has been done to prevent this from happening again.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Watching Zero Dark Thirty right now! It's very very good! JC is awesome!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread