+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    We watched a couple this past weekend: Prometheus - I had no idea this was a prequel to Alien until the very end. Duh. Very well done, though.

Also saw The Watch, with Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill as goofballs who start a neighborhood watch/beer drinking club, only to find out aliens have invaded the neighborhood. Silly but I did laugh a lot.
    Absolutely hated this film.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I went in with low expectations, and I wasn't disappointed.

We saw Battleship over the weekend - I only watched it for the lovely Mr. Skarsgard. The script was downright awful in places (who wrote that crap and how did the actors keep straight faces?) but I did smile when the vets cranked up the Missouri.

After that we watched Savages, an Oliver Stone story about small-time California marijuana growers involved in a hostile takeover by a Mexican cartel. There was a good bit of violence throughout, but some pretty good acting. I liked it.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I went in with low expectations, and I wasn't disappointed.

We saw Battleship over the weekend - I only watched it for the lovely Mr. Skarsgard. The script was downright awful in places (who wrote that crap and how did the actors keep straight faces?) but I did smile when the vets cranked up the Missouri.

After that we watched Savages, an Oliver Stone story about small-time California marijuana growers involved in a hostile takeover by a Mexican cartel. There was a good bit of violence throughout, but some pretty good acting. I liked it.
    I watched this one ON Demand and enjoyed it. I knew exactly what I would be getting so I was not disappointed. It was actually better than I had expected. Rihannon was a total waste, she can't act. Loved the use of current and older vets, one of the best parts of the film.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Looper - Good sci-fi. However, there was some stuff I was uncomfortable with given the recent tragedies in CT.

I really want to see Savages. Need to add that to my list.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I watched this one ON Demand and enjoyed it. I knew exactly what I would be getting so I was not disappointed. It was actually better than I had expected. Rihannon was a total waste, she can't act. Loved the use of current and older vets, one of the best parts of the film.
    Oh, she was beyond bad. She should stick to singing for sure.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Looper - Good sci-fi. However, there was some stuff I was uncomfortable with given the recent tragedies in CT.

I really want to see Savages. Need to add that to my list.
    I saw Looper recently as well. I found it somewhat boring and a bit of a disappointment.

JohnnyK - I will agree that I didn't think it lived up to all the hype. There certainly was a lot of "this is the most amazing movie ever" publicity about it when it first came out and I wouldn't put it at that level for sure.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Absolutely hated this film.
    I gave The Watch as a white elephant gift LOL!

We watched Looper the other night and while it wasn't nearly as good as I expected, Joseph Gordon-Levitt wowed me. I think he nailed Bruce Willis' tics and mannerisms. As for the actual storyline I was expecting more.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Ted. it was funny, but a little ridiculous
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread