+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

CCL

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Well, the Venice scenery was nice. But yeah, the acting was more than a bit flat.
    That's what I was going to say re The Tourist and scenery. I recall an interview with Jolie where she said she chose the role largely because she wanted to spend the summer in Venice, so I don't know if she was that committed to the film.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I *made* time to watch The Cabin in the Woods this evening with my teen son, and I'm glad I did!! It was very entertaining. It is definitely a movie you don't want to say too much about to people who haven't seen it! It was suspenseful, gory, hilarious, and horrifying!! Definitely not standard slasher movie. I absolutely recommend to any horror movie fan.
    We watched it this weekend, too, but we didn't like it. I think the concept was cool as hell but the execution...eh, not so much. I loved the cast, though. Lots of Joss's favorite actors.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    We watched it this weekend, too, but we didn't like it. I think the concept was cool as hell but the execution...eh, not so much. I loved the cast, though. Lots of Joss's favorite actors.
    That's too bad. I liked this movie so much that I'm still laughing about it to myself this morning!!

ETA: The one question that popped into my mind last night was this (DO NOT READ if you plan to watch the movie but have not yet!!):
    Click to see Spoiler:
    We clearly learned by the end that the people in the cabin were put there to fulfill the specific roles: whore, athlete, fool, academic, and virgin. So how the heck was a classroom full of young Japanese school girls going to fulfill that quota?? The question left me wishing I could know more about what was taking place in the other countries involved. Did they have their own stereotypical horror genre roles they were trying to fulfill in their own rituals?
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 09-26-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Last Movies You Have Rented

The Avengers - Overall it's a good superhero movie. It was long and it felt long to me. Loki is supposed to be this terribly nefarious character, but the actor who plays him reminds me of Johnny Weir and that makes it really hard for me to take him seriously as a villain.

Got to watch Cabin in the Woods last night - I loved it. Humor, horror, gore, and good writing, my kind of movie! I was wondering the same thing as you about
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the other countries rituals
    ClosetRTWatcher. I wish they had showed a bit more about that, but overall I was happy with it.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

The Avengers - Overall it's a good superhero movie. It was long and it felt long to me. Loki is supposed to be this terribly nefarious character, but the actor who plays him reminds me of Johnny Weir and that makes it really hard for me to take him seriously as a villain.
    I enjoyed it immensely and I am not a big superhero person. Loved RDJ!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

What I didnt like about Cabin in the woods is that I thought I was going to see one movie and got another - if you know what I mean.

once I realized what the movie was, I did enjoy it, but it felt like a bait and switch.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    What I didnt like about Cabin in the woods is that I thought I was going to see one movie and got another - if you know what I mean.

once I realized what the movie was, I did enjoy it, but it felt like a bait and switch.
    I totally understand. I don't think this movie was well marketed.

I totally understand. I don't think this movie was well marketed.
    I agree, if I remember the previews it was your typical slasher type movie. Once I had read a review about the twist, I wanted to see it, but never got the chance at the theaters.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

We watched Trespass, a rather silly home invasion movie with Nicole Kidman and Nicholas Cage. I should have known better.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

+ Reply to Thread