+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan. I've had a hard time not letting his personal views affect my opinion of him in movies. For the most part I just avoid his movies now. I decided to give this one a hot after hearing some good reviews. I'm glad I did. It was an enjoyable action movie. Fairly fast paced, not hard to follow, and had some funny moments. Worth watching.
    We saw it at the theater, and as you said it was fast paced and funny. We loved it! I wouldn't mind seeing it again, because I am sure I missed something

We rented Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close I don't know why we waited so long .But the boy in this movie was outstanding.His part was played so well, at times he took my breath away. I was also a mess by then end. I also thought the ending was terrific, and don't want to say too much about it.

Click to see Spoiler:
    It was so cool that his mother went to those places before him.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Cabin in the Woods.... one of the oddest, yet oddly entertaining movies I have seen in awhile. It prompted quite a discussion between my husband and myself.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Cabin in the Woods.... one of the oddest, yet oddly entertaining movies I have seen in awhile. It prompted quite a discussion between my husband and myself.
    That sounds promising! Which is good, since it's next in my queue...

We watched The Tourist over the weekend. Not bad, but I found myself not really caring about Jolie's character.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post

We watched The Tourist over the weekend. Not bad, but I found myself not really caring about Jolie's character.
    I think Cabin did poorly when it came out because people thought it was just another slasher movie. Its not. From the onset, you know its not. I do remember the ads being all slasher. Hopefully you will like it. Our big discussion was the ending.

As much as I am a Depp fan, I have no desire to the The Tourist. I don't think its AJ, I think I just rarely enjoy those kind of movies.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post

I think Ricky Gervais made a joke at the Golden Globes one year about how almost everything at the movies that year was in 3-D....except the characters in The Tourist. I haven't seen it, but I don't really have a desire to. I like both Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp, but that movie looks like a clunker.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I like both Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp, but that movie looks like a clunker.
    Well, the Venice scenery was nice. But yeah, the acting was more than a bit flat.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I put it on my list to rent
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

re: The Tourist - I thought they had zero chemistry with each other and seemed to be phoning it in. I watched that movie wanting to like it but it left me with a big "meh" feeling. However, the scenery and AJ's costuming/outfits were great.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I have had this movie at home for a week now. I can't wait to watch it, and yet I can't find any spare time either!!! Your comments just made me more anxious to get to it!

I agree about The Tourist - meh.

I *made* time to watch The Cabin in the Woods this evening with my teen son, and I'm glad I did!! It was very entertaining. It is definitely a movie you don't want to say too much about to people who haven't seen it! It was suspenseful, gory, hilarious, and horrifying!! Definitely not standard slasher movie. I absolutely recommend to any horror movie fan.

+ Reply to Thread