+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    Deep Blue Sea - such a horrible fish killer movie, but because it was so bad, it was actually good. If that made sense.
    Love that movie! It's so bad, it circles around to "good" again! Whoever came up with how each character is killed had a great sense of humor. I laugh through the whole thing!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re Deep Blue Sea: I agree. Whenever it's on AMC or the like, I usually end up watching most of it.

Love and Other Drugs - Ehhh. I really really wanted to love it... But it fell flat for me.. Can't really pin point why...

Let Me In - Very interesting "horror" movie. The emotional connection between the two 12 year old's felt very inappropriate yet I can't really say why. Just a very different look at a typical vampire movie. I tried to remember how I was acting at 12 and could see where the director was going with the connection. Highly recommend for those with strong stomach's. Not scary, but creepy with a lot of WTF moments.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Wild Target: I happened to stumble across this movie while exploring Netflix. I am normally not a big fan of dark comedies, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Cast includes Bill Nighy, Emily Blunt, Rupert Grint, Eileen Atkins, Rupert Everett, and Martin Freeman. That alone was enough for me to try it. I have never seen Bill Nighy give anything but a superb performance and this is no exception.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    My mom's favorite movie was Jumpin Jack Flash!
    The other day, out of the blue, my mom said "I'm a little black woman [she isn't] in a big metal box!" I just about died laughing, it was so out of left field!

It was completely unintentional, but I managed to get three Netflix movies this weekend and every one of them co-starred Patrick Wilson! I don't think I even knew he was in more than one of them!

First up was Morning Glory, which I liked, but thought would have been better without Harrison Ford. Sorry, but that performance was painful to watch. I like Rachel McAdams and Diane Keaton and, of course Patrick Wilson, so I did enjoy the movie.

Next was The A-Team, which I barely got through. I like all the actors involved, so I should have enjoyed it more than I did. Lots of things get blown up and there's a bunch of over-the-top action and that's about it. Meh.

The Switch was the surprise of the weekend! I know I was probably going to like it because I like Jennifer Aniston and I LOVE Jason Bateman, but I liked this one even more than I thought I would! Plus, that little boy, OMG. He was so cute. The relationship between him and JB's character was the highlight of the movie for me.

I watched Wilby Wonderful on Netflix streaming last night. It was just a nice indie pic set in Nova Scotia. The biggest names were Sandra Oh and Ellen Page, but there was so many good performances.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

My teenage daughter always heads for the creepy section. She picked out the new film I Spit on Your Grave. For people who like creepy movies it actually had a real story line and the acting was quite good. Not for the week stomach though.

Brothers At War - documentary of a film maker going over to Iraq to document his brothers in Iraq. Fantastic and very emotional.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Salt - this was just okay. I usually like Angelina Jolie, but this one was so predictable. I LOVE Liev Schreiber, but even he couldn't save this one for me. It wasn't bad, per se, it was just kind of "meh."

Charlie St. Cloud - slightly above a Hallmark channel movie, but I liked it anyway. I feel like a dirty old woman for thinking Zac Efron is cute, but I can't help it - he's cute!

Fair Game - about Joe Wilson and Valerie Plame's CIA involvement being leaked by Libbey, starring Sean Penn and Naomi Watts. It was really well done, although it's horrifying what people in positions of power think they can get away with. It was a very good movie, but I was angry at what was done to these people all over again.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I just watched the Keira Knightley version of Pride & Prejudice. Critics have said that the final scene is one of the best final scenes of all moviedom. I agree.

+ Reply to Thread