+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 420 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686136 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Spike Jonze Double Feature

I just saw Adaptation. I liked it, largely because I was amused by it's clever post-modern self-referentiality; and the performances (by iconic stars like Nicolas Cage and Meryl Streep) are fresh and unexpectedly vulnerable. I felt that the "denouement", in which the movie turns into every cinematic cliche Charlie Kaufmann despises, didn't quite work, making the ending not half as effective as the movie's strong start.

I will also mention, at the risk of losing what little credibility I may have around here, that I saw "Jackass: The Movie", and I can't remember the last time I laughed so loud or so hard at a flick. I've never even seen the show. Still, I had tears in my eyes from laughing.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

We tried to watch Mr. Deeds last night. That was the most completely unfunny movie I've ever seen. I can't believe some people here gave it decent reviews. There wasn't a single funny moment in it, and I'm not sure what's enjoyable about watching Adam Sandler and his cronies beat the crap out of each other over nothing.

I saw Mr. Deeds and I agree John. Not funny at all. Just dumb.

Antwone (sp) Fisher was very good (JMO)

And we saw I Am Sam
    OK
    that was excellent and Sean Penn should have won an Oscar for it (he was up but, I forget against who)
    Anyway, I thought he was very good. Loved the movie. The little girl in it was adorable and a great little actress.

Changing Lanes was really good too.

I Am Sam <-------need a box of tissues for that one!! :crybaby
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

I just saw The Original Kings of Comedy, which I enjoyed; and Waiting for Guffman, which is hilarious.

I love Christopher Guest movies.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Me Too ! I like funny without smacking you in the face..

rented Maid in Manhatten
    I Spy - eh

Originally posted by Mdrio9
    Darkness Falls was really good. It may seem dumb, but that creature was creepy!
    Mike, I have to agree with you on Darkness Falls. The concept of the movie is so stupid. A killer toothfairy?! Come on!!! However, a friend of mine lent it to me, and it creeped me out a bit when that toothfairy would come at you all of a sudden. This is just one of those creepy movies that's good to see when nothing else is available, or if somebody lends it to you for free.

I had already seen Ghost Ship, but it was too slow-paced for my liking. I liked Darkeness Falls better.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    We watched National Security w/ Marting Lawrence last night and it was pretty funny. Right now my husband is watching the Recruit w/ Al Pacino and Colin Farrell. It seems kind of convoluted to me but he likes it. We don't rent many movies. Our daughter works at a video store and we watch things before they are released. Part of her job.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Has anyone seen Harvard Man? Sarah Michelle Gellar is in the movie. It was on UPN a few nights ago, but I heard it was very edited. Just curious if anyone has rented it. It's the next movie I plan on renting, by the way.

Recent rentals:

"Analyze That" - I thought this movie was terrible for about 25 mins - then we gave up and turned it off because 2 people fell asleep and the sound of no-laughing hurt my ears.

"Star Trek: Nemesis" - Got duped into watching this one, and aside from the standard Star Trek cheesiness, I was pleasantly surprised by this one. Definitely an okay rental if you were ever a fan of Star Trek: The Next Generation, but at your own peril if you were not.

"I Spy" - Hmmm thought it was pretty dull, rent "Showtime" with Eddie Murphy & Robert Deniro instead, it was much better.
    ~M o s a i K~

Sleeping with George W
    Not a rental, but this weekend I caught "A Walk on the Moon" with Diane Lane and wow ... what a great movie! Diane Lane is incredible and it's hard to think she's not won any awards for her acting. The movie was a beautiful evocation of the late 60s as well.

+ Reply to Thread