+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

I rented It's Complicated last weekend. I don't like most romantic comedies, but this movie was great! I laughed so hard that I almost got choked...twice!!!!!! I just found that movie very funny. It made me like Alec Baldwin, Steve Martin and Meryle Streep all the more. It's about love between mature adults and is very well written. I was surprised that it wasn't very politically correct, but that's okay.

I highly recommend it for adult ladies who want to relax and have a good laugh.

John Waters: This Filthy World - John Waters in his one man show in NYC. He tells tons of stories about his career and growing up. A definite must for all JW fans His shoplifting stories alone make it worth watching!

We're actually going to see him in person next week.
    I can hardly wait. Should be very interesting.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Rented "Hard Candy." About a 14-year-old girl who meets up with pedophiles online and, shall we say, provides the punishment they deserve. Good story. Ellen Page.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3921855;
    Rented "Hard Candy." About a 14-year-old girl who meets up with pedophiles online and, shall we say, provides the punishment they deserve. Good story. Ellen Page.
    That movie was very uncomfortable to watch, but worth it. It's very good IMO.

I watched Dear John, Valentine's Day and Alice In Wonderland. Dear John was okay. Not something I'd watch again, though. I expected a lot more after the Notebook. Valentine's Day was cute. I liked it better than the critics said I would... Alice In Wonderland....oh my! I think I'm adding it to my favorite movie list. I love Tim Burton anyway, but this movie was just beautiful. (Yeah, I like fluff...I get enough drama in my real life..lol)
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I rented The Fantastic Mr. Fox a few days ago. It was wonderful, even though it was different from the book. I'm kind of hit or miss with Wes Anderson (Rushmore, yay; Life Aquatic not so much), but his style really lent itself to an animated film, especially the color palette and the quirky characterizations. And the score was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3921515;
    John Waters: This Filthy World - John Waters in his one man show in NYC. He tells tons of stories about his career and growing up. A definite must for all JW fans His shoplifting stories alone make it worth watching!
    That sounds awesome; I'm gonna have to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3921449;
    I rented It's Complicated last weekend. I don't like most romantic comedies, but this movie was great! I laughed so hard that I almost got choked...twice!!!!!! I just found that movie very funny. It made me like Alec Baldwin, Steve Martin and Meryle Streep all the more. It's about love between mature adults and is very well written. I was surprised that it wasn't very politically correct, but that's okay.

I highly recommend it for adult ladies who want to relax and have a good laugh.
    Loved this movie too...there was a part that reminded me of a situation that I was in not so long ago!!! Just saw The Bounty Hunter...a real snoozer. I don't recommend it at all. This past weekend I watched a TV movie, comedy with Justin Bateman called "Extract"..I thought it was hilarious or maybe it was just the mood I was in. Ben Affleck plays a wacky bartender.

Time Traveller's Wife.....I highy recommend it!!!

I'll be watching Time Traveler's Wife tomorrow. This afternoon I watched Coco Chanel and cried and loved knowing her story. My mom had a medium to dark blue Chanel (knobby material) suit with the boxy jacket. I loved that suit. I also watched What about The Morgans and thought it was cute, escapist fun.

You all have faster Netflix climbs than I have. It is still a very long wait for Avatar and Inglorious Bastards. Blind Side just went to Now status and I moved it to the top. Of course tomorrow is Saturday and they won't receive the two I'm returning until Monday and by then it may have moved back into a Wait status....grrrr.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3924174;
    You all have faster Netflix climbs than I have. It is still a very long wait for Avatar and Inglorious Bastards. Blind Side just went to Now status and I moved it to the top. Of course tomorrow is Saturday and they won't receive the two I'm returning until Monday and by then it may have moved back into a Wait status....grrrr.
    I don't know that I get DVDs any faster than you do - I had Inglourious Basterds in my queue (and at #1) for FIVE months before I finally got it!

I watched Everybody's Fine the other night and I have mixed feelings about it. Parts of it I absolutely hated and other parts I liked. I HATED how two of the siblings, played by Kate Beckinsale and Sam Rockwell, treated their father. DeNiro did some nice work in the movie, but I thought it was just a bit too overwrought. Plus, the Italian original, Stanno tutti bene was so much better.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Why on earth is Netflix so slow in getting you new movies? Five months - that would drive me nuts.

Watched The Road - Good Lord, that had to be the bleakest, darkest, most dreary movie I've seen in ages. I know the point was about keeping your humanity in an inhumane world (or what's left of it), but wow. I found myself agreeing with how the wife went out, because I just can't see the point in enduring all of that. Anyway, great acting by Viggo Mortensen, and I almost didn't recognize Robert Duvall.

The Blind Side - nice counter to the above. Sandra was excellent, and the story well told.

Midnight Meat Train - have to check out at least one horror movie on the weekends. This was a gory one - I think they had fake blood on sale when they shot this one, as it was used by the bucketful. Adding to the weirdness, Bradley Cooper was the lead. When I think horror, I don't think of Bradley Cooper. It was off-putting. And the ending was just dumb.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread