+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 420 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585135 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

My boyfriend and I got Changing Lanes the other night having no idea whether it was good or not. Some friends we ran into at the store said it was - didn't look good from the description.

We loved it.

We got abandoned too but, didn't watch it (yet) heard it was good as well.
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

My husband and I rented Sex and Lucia(subtitled). It was fascinating! I would own this one. There were strange twists and turns throughout the entire move. It is quite racey, so be prepared. The story was just so good. It was strange, but good. Hehe!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Originally posted by cali
    so now you own 2 DVD's?

Analyze That ~ Gee, I actually enjoyed the first one. I got up and left after the first 20 minutes. My husband and oldest son said it was pretty funny, but I really didnít hear much laughing coming out of the living room. I did, however, hear the F word every 30 seconds.

Blue Crush ~ My daughter has been bugging me about renting this for a long time. I finally relented and it wasnít the worst movie ever. The biggest thing that bugged me is that itís about surfers, and although sometimes they get thrown around, none of them had the sand burns that surfers get. Overall it was cute.
    OK at work a few guys were saying Analyze That was the funniest movie and almost as good as the first one. Caved on it (thought it look awful) got it one night and HATED it! The bloopers at the end (can't believe we made it to the end) were about the only really funny scenes.....-most sequels really do suck)

Blue Crush!!!!!! arrrrhggggg
    My 16 year old loves that movie and her and her friends decided they're all gonna be surfer girls (probably will take it up)
    She was sick one week and couldn't get out of bed and we got a lot of movies together
    that was awful!!!!!

She owns it and has seen it a countless number of times.

(thinking I'll be paying a lot of $ soon for a board)

looks like fun though
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    We rented "Catch Me If You Can" last night. I liked it so much that I invited my daughter & grandson over to watch it with me for the second time. It kept me on the edge of my seat and was funny at the same time. Great movie!!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Originally posted by cali
    so now you own 2 DVD's?
    Yep, I own 2 dvd's. I got LOTR for Xmas, and I just bought Captain Ron. Sigh.

I've watched my LOTR dvd once, and haven't yet cracked the seal on CR.

Over the weeknd, I rented Darkness Falls, Ghost Ship, and Minority Report. Darkness Falls was really good. It may seem dumb, but that creature was creepy! Ghost Ship was okay. It wasn't too scary...mostly gory, but in a cool way. Minority Report was very very good. I loved the little spider things.

Fluff, I agree with you about FearDotCom, but Darkness Falls...appalling? I thought it was awesome! I liked it even better than Ghost Ship. Maybe it's because of my age.

i liked "about a boy" a lot as well.

i thought "minority report" was full of inconsistencies and despite that, somehow predictable.

I watched Equilibrium--post-apocalyptic action picture about a post-World-War III future in which emotions are outlawed--with Christian Bale, Emily Watson (not exactly two people you expect in an action flick!), and Taye Diggs.

I've heard it being unfavorably compared to the Matrix, which is plainly a hard act to follow (I prefer the Matrix's more baroque mythos and innovative FX). However, Equilibrium echoes not only this movie, but other sources like Blade Runner, Brazil, 1984.

It's not particularly original, but it's a good addition to the sci-fi genre, that at least makes an attempt at intellectual depth and contains some really top notch action sequences. The "gun-kata" concept is fascinating and well-executed, plus one of the gnarliest onscreen broken arms I've ever seen.

Christian Bale is a fantastic and underrated actor, totally committed to the character even during the corniest of moments (c'mon, a puppy?); Emily Watson's talent is not done justice here, with very little screen time and a scantly developed character; and I feel bad for Taye Diggs whose big fight scene is rather anti-climactic.

Still, this movie is worthwhile you're a fan of sci-fi or action.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

The Body with Antonio Bandaras as the main character and Derek Jacobi was in it. The Vatican sends a priest (AB) to Isreal because the bones of a body was found in a tomb. Clues indicate it might be the remains of Christ. If so and if that gets out, what will it do to Christianity to find out that our lord hasn't risen? It isn't really a religious based movie i.e. Stigmata. It has come action in it. An okay film.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    The last movie I rented was I Spy... With Eddie Murphy and stuff... It was pretty funny. I have to admit that it was definately very slapstick...

Eh... Everyone should see it, I think!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

+ Reply to Thread