+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

King Kong - was exciting and oddly romantic....loved it.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Just rented The Men Who Stare at Goats. I'm confident the next time there's a list of the "Top Ten Worst Films Ever" it will be right at the top. George Clooney,Kevin Spacey, Jeff Bridges and Ewan MacGregor should all sue to prevent it's being available for the public to view.

Amelia with Hillary Swank and Richard Gere may also make the list. If Amelia Earhart had a grave, she'd be spinning in it.

On the bright side, I've Loved You So Long, (Il y a longtemps que je t'aime)French film starring Kristin Scott Thomas is superb. But be prepared to cry. And cry.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3864742;
    On the bright side, I've Loved You So Long, (Il y a longtemps que je t'aime)French film starring Kristin Scott Thomas is superb. But be prepared to cry. And cry.
    That's been in my Netflix queue for months. I love Kristin Scott Thomas. I'm going to have to make sure I watch it now!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Love Actually - It was okay, the ending was good.

Zombieland - Really enjoyed it. I love campy horror movies!

Just rented The Men Who Stare at Goats. I'm confident the next time there's a list of the "Top Ten Worst Films Ever" it will be right at the top. George Clooney,Kevin Spacey, Jeff Bridges and Ewan MacGregor should all sue to prevent it's being available for the public to view.
    So you're saying I need to take this one out of my queue?

We watched Inglorious Basterds this weekend - loved it! Some incredible acting...I was hooked from the beginning. I do love a Tarentino movie.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Yikes! I've so been looking forward to this. It's been on my save list and now on the short wait list in my Netflix queue for what seems like forever. I've even bannered it in my sig line. What to do...I guess watch it if it ever makes the top of the queue and then see.

Yesterday was Drag Me To Hell. Very, very creepy and gross, but I guess all right for a horror genre film. I usually don't watch them but I like the actors so gave it a go.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Hmmm. Netflix has just informed me that I will be getting this movie tomorrow. My son liked it, but warned me "it's not the kind of movie you like mom".
    At least now my expectations are low!

An Education with Carey Mulligan, Peter Sarsgaard and Alfred Molina (also Rosamund Pike and Dominic Cooper). It was Superb!!! Mulligan so deserved the best Actress Oscar nomination she got for it. Screenplay by Nick Hornsby doesn't waste a moment, or a word.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

I'm glad to hear it Brit! I've got it coming from Netflix today!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

What about the Morgans. It was horribly boring and SJP couldn't have looked worse. However, Hugh Grant is charming as ever.

+ Reply to Thread