+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

CrossingGuard, it might be your firewall settings, internet security settings, or popup blocker settings that are causing the problem. If you are using I.E., I would suggest putting Netflix in your trusted sites list under the Security tab and allowing popups on that site to see if that helps.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

District 9 - Wow. I had a vague idea that this movie was about aliens coming to earth and humans discriminating against them. It turns out the story went far beyond that. It was MUCH more brutal than I was expecting (I was thinking it was a PG-13 movie, but it was R for good reasons). I thought it was interesting that it started out like a faux documentary, but at some point abandoned that format altogether - I couldn't put my finger on where exactly, but I think that's a good thing because I was engaged enough in the story that it didn't matter!! I ended up really appreciating this film. It seemed to set up for a possible sequel (District 10?), but IMO a follow up isn't necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3782083;
    CrossingGuard, it might be your firewall settings, internet security settings, or popup blocker settings that are causing the problem. If you are using I.E., I would suggest putting Netflix in your trusted sites list under the Security tab and allowing popups on that site to see if that helps.
    Thanks for the help. I tried putting Netflix under my trusted sites like you suggested, but it didn't work. I don't know, I'll check into it in the future. But as for now, the movie theaters are working just fine for me.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Sunshine Cleaning- It was good, but I was expecting more comedy (based on previews I saw when it first came out, but my memory could be fuzzy). I was totally expecting at the end for her to hook up with the one armed man.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3782859;
    Sunshine Cleaning- It was good, but I was expecting more comedy (based on previews I saw when it first came out, but my memory could be fuzzy). I was totally expecting at the end for her to hook up with the one armed man.
    I also expected more "haha" funny based on the previews. By the end I was completely under the impression that a relationship was brewing between them even if they hadn't "hooked up" yet.

Netflix does have a way to report problems with a DVD. You just go to your queue and there's a "Report Problem" link next to each movie you currently have. I had a mailer show up empty once and reported it that way. I got a replacement the next day.

I watched The Maiden Heist this weekend and really enjoyed it. Quirky little movie with Morgan Freeman, Christopher Walken and William H. Macy as museum guards who decide to steal their favorite works of art when the museum sells them to a museum in Denmark. Marcia Gay Harden plays Christopher Walken's wife. Macy spends a good deal of the movie completely naked, so my hat's off to him! Pretty gutsy and it's not a bad view!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3782871;
    I also expected more "haha" funny based on the previews. By the end I was completely under the impression that a relationship was brewing between them even if they hadn't "hooked up" yet.
    Yeah it looked like things were going that way, but I just wanted to know for sure.

He's Just Not That Into You, Thought it was cute and funny.

Paranormal Activity. I really enjoyed it, a lot more than I expected - much like Blair Witch. The faux documentary videography was much less jarring than Blair Witch, too. The theatrical ending was a bit cheesy for my taste, though...I preferred the alternate ending.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Newbie

just saw "the cove" from netflix
    very well done...and might make you stop eating fish

The Bank Job - I got 20 minutes in and realized I'd seen it before. I hate it when that happens! I watched it anyway and did enjoy it....again. Good bank heist thriller with the lovely Jason Statham.

Mrs. Henderson Presents - a really charming period piece starring Bob Hoskins and Judy Dench, whom I adore. It's set in late-1930's London with Dench as a wealthy widow who buys a theater and, with Hoskins's help, turns it into a musical review with nude women. Very racy for the time! A really sweet little movie.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread