+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 419 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484134 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Rented Maid in Manhatton

What a boring movie. there was no chemstry between these people, I could have cared less about Jo Lo as a mother or as a maid. The only person who I found interesting was the Butler.

The rest of it was just dull....wait, make that Dull.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

oh yeah, i saw "maid in manhattan" not too long ago and was sorely disappointed.

i pretty much love all romantic comedies but this one just plain sucked.

I just saw the films El Crimen De Padre Amaro, Atanarjuat, Dog Soldiers, and Darkness Falls.

To tell you the truth Drakness Falls started out interestingly but then in just turned into boring crap at the end. Dog Soldiers was a tale of a small squad of British soldiers attacked by werewolves. Fantastic to see British horror again. Atanrjuat was the story of an Inuit (eskimo) whobraves both a family curse, enemies, and the elements to get back to his wife. Padre was an intriguing tale of a person and an illicit love affair with a young woman.

atanarjuat (the fast runner) was really long but pretty good.

*Finally* saw Far From Heaven tonight...

I thought this was a truly beautiful and artistic film from a production point of view.

The cinematography and the use of color left me shaking my head at its pure brilliance.

A subtle film about yearning and the noir-ish sentiment of dark turmoil that underlies model lives, this reminded me a lot of In The Mood For Love... a TRULY frustrating period film about yearning... and it features beautiful costuming and cinematography to boot! ITMFL is slow and has a strong central theme but no real plot, so consider yourselves warned.
    ~M o s a i K~

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    i belong to Netflix and rent a lot of movies... this week...

1. Red Dragon- Ed Norton was horrible!! Never conviced me that he could be a forensic scientist! Not enough of Anthony Hopkins.

2. Road to Perdition- way over rated... just another mob movie that doesn't distinguish itself from the genre.

3. Go- very entertaining! wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised!!

I watched "The Sculptress", which was a Masterpiece Theatre film. It was interesting. About a woman who was convicted for a double homicide but, did she really do it?

hey i'm a netflix junkie too.

we saw "go" many years ago. i thought it was ok. of movies that are similar, i liked "pulp fiction" and "suicide kings" better.

but hubby really liked it and i think we own it now.

The DVD for A Beautiful Mind with the bonus material. I watch the movie first and enjoy the bonus material later.

Originally posted by John
    This week, I doubled the size of my DVD collection. I bought "Captain Ron" on DVD - Wal-Mart was running a bin special for $5.48, and it was in the bin.
    so now you own 2 DVD's?

This weekend was movie-watching weekend for us.

About A Boy ~ I've never really been a Hugh Grant fan, but I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, and really would watch it again. It was very enjoyable and Iíd recommend it to everyone (something I usually donít do)

Transporter ~ Ya know, it was funÖ lots of cool fight scenes. Itís what I was expecting so I wasnít disappointed.

Analyze That ~ Gee, I actually enjoyed the first one. I got up and left after the first 20 minutes. My husband and oldest son said it was pretty funny, but I really didnít hear much laughing coming out of the living room. I did, however, hear the F word every 30 seconds.

Blue Crush ~ My daughter has been bugging me about renting this for a long time. I finally relented and it wasnít the worst movie ever. The biggest thing that bugged me is that itís about surfers, and although sometimes they get thrown around, none of them had the sand burns that surfers get. Overall it was cute.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread