+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was 2000 while the first Kill Bill was 2003.

I enjoyed both of the Kill Bill movies. The opening scene of part 2 freaked me out...

Revolutionary Road - amazing performances but hard to watch at times...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Bottle Shock - Based on a true story about wineries in Napa Valley in the 1970s. Lots of recognizable actors including Alan Rickman, Bill Pullman. It was a really entertaining movie! Good story, interesting characters, good acting, and Alan Rickman was great as the "snooty" British wine conisseur.

The Reader.
    Kate Winslet was just excellent in it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Anyone seen Sin Nombre? I really enjoyed it. Its a Spanish film about immigrants trying to make it to the US and gang violence in Central America. Intense but very good.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I rented "Step Up" and "The Guardian" this weekend. Enjoyed both. In "The Guardian" I was really surprised how well Ashton Kutcher did in this serious movie. The only thing I would have changed would be to have a different ending.

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3731230;
    I rented "Step Up" and "The Guardian" this weekend. Enjoyed both. In "The Guardian" I was really surprised how well Ashton Kutcher did in this serious movie. The only thing I would have changed would be to have a different ending.
    I am continually surprised when I like Ashton Kutcher in a movie. I always seem to rent the movie despite the fact that he is in it, and then I end up thinking he did a great job. I enjoyed The Guardian also and in addition I thought he did a great job in The Butterfly Effect and Guess Who?

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3719753;
    Bottle Shock - Based on a true story about wineries in Napa Valley in the 1970s. Lots of recognizable actors including Alan Rickman, Bill Pullman. It was a really entertaining movie! Good story, interesting characters, good acting, and Alan Rickman was great as the "snooty" British wine conisseur.
    I loved Bottle Shock. I rented it originally because of its cast, but found myself really enjoying the story and scenery as well as the acting.

Recently, I rented Charms for the Easy Life and loved it. It's was made in 2002 and stars Gena Rowlands, Mimi Rogers, and Susan May Pratt as three generations of Southern women starting back in the early 1900's and moving through both world wars. All three women give outstanding performances, with Gena Rowlands shining as the main character, a midwife/holistic healer.

This is a wonderful, touching, but feisty, indie movie that I highly recommend.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I rented the original Escape to Witch Mountain and the remake, Race to Witch Mountain. The original was full of Disney whimsy, but the remake was so much better with the action and adding a menacing alien plus a love story.

I just finished watching Sunshine Cleaning and it won its Indy stripes hands down; poignant and slightly quirky.

I've been on a watching spree this week and also enjoyed State of Play (the American movie version) and two dance movies - Center Stage (which I'd seen before) and Center Stage: Turn It Up which took ballet to hip hop and back again using some of the same characters.

Next up on my Netflix cue is Wonderfalls, which I never saw while it was on TV, but I'm in the mood for quirky right now. To prove that I place on my saved list, Men Who Stare At Goats, which is just now entering the theaters.

I immediately put The Men Who Stare At Goats on my Netflix save list. It's my kind of story and with a cast that includes George Clooney, Ewan MacGregor, Jeff Bridges, and Kevin Spacey, I hope it's released on DVD very soon.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread