+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Trouble the Water - Another documentary about Hurricane Katrina. I have watched a number of these, but this one came to my attention because it involved a woman who had been featured in some stories about the recovery that I heard on public radio. This one was interesting and very relatable. Instead of the typical following the storm and news reports, this one followed one couple and started with footage they recorded themselves starting before the hurricane.

The Wrestler--very good, but also a bit depressing. I've never been a big fan of Mickey Rourke, but he's excellent in this.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

The Soloist - Very nicely done. I was afraid that I wouldn't like the ending, but the film did a good job keeping it "real" while still providing a sense of closure.

Vicki Christina Barcelona - Surprisingly enjoyable. I don't really care for Woody Allen, but I saw a preview on a rented DVD that made me curious. From the preview I saw I was afraid that the topic would lead to gratuitous sex, but I was pleasantly surprised. It focused mostly on the motivations and personality differences of the main characters. Overall I thought it was very good.

FORT Regular

Narnia:the lion,the withch and the wardrobe...

very nice....

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar

The Great Buck Howard. Love love John Malkovich!
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget Jones;3648837;
    Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. It was a lotttt better then I expected. Michael Cera fell right into his lovable doofy boy role though like always. =P
    I completely agree. I watched it w/my 20 year old daughter & neither of us were embarrassed.

Had a few gripes with the kids being from NJ & not sounding like it (natives in those towns along the Hudson River can sound like a weird combination of Brooklyn & Philly), but it was sweet natured & entertaining.

Easy Virtue - Interesting movie set in Post-WWII. A young Englishman comes back home with his new bride (an American divorcee) whom he married without his parents knowledge. It was not entirely what I expected. It had a number of funny moments, and an unexpected ending. I enjoyed it.

The young couple were played by Ben Barnes (recently Prince Caspian) and Jessica Biel (I did not recognize her, and she was absolutely gorgeous). The parents were Kristin Scott Thomas and Colin Firth. I hadn't heard of this movie until I saw a preview on another DVD I rented recently.

Side note: Apparently Ben Barnes also plays Dorian Gray in the movie of the same name coming out this fall. It also features Colin Firth. I am reading the book now, so I am looking forward to seeing the film version!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Australia (with Hugh Jackman) and Vantage Point (with Dennis Quaid).

Fast forwarded through a lot of each of them.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Masculine /Feminine - great picture of Paris in the 60s

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Kill Bill---didn't actually rent it, but one of our kids who's into film gave us the DVD a while ago and we finally watched it. Now we have to find the next part!
    Watching all the sword play I'm trying to remember if this predates the Crouching Tiger (?) film.....

+ Reply to Thread