+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Lakeview Terrace. Very good and supenseful. Samuel L. Jackson is so menacing in this movie. A definite nail biter.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Are you secretly living in my house ClosetRTWatcher? Because we rented and watched those exact same movies this weekend. And I felt the exact same way as you about both of them!!

I did NOT like the last 1/3 of Knowing at all and I hated the ending.

Most of the way through Watchmen, I felt like 'huh'? and was pretty confused as to what the heck was happening. It was soooo long, I kept wondering when we were going to get to the point. I did like the characters, the effects and the overall "look" of the movie though.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3633920;
    Are you secretly living in my house ClosetRTWatcher? Because we rented and watched those exact same movies this weekend. And I felt the exact same way as you about both of them!!

I did NOT like the last 1/3 of Knowing at all and I hated the ending.

Most of the way through Watchmen, I felt like 'huh'? and was pretty confused as to what the heck was happening. It was soooo long, I kept wondering when we were going to get to the point. I did like the characters, the effects and the overall "look" of the movie though.
    That is too funny Mia!
    I started thinking more about Watchmen later I and I also agree with your thoughts here. They really did a good job with character development; they were all interesting and I felt like I knew a lot about them. However, it was like the actual plot line played a secondary role and was a bit difficult to follow because they would abandon it regularly to develop characters and then jump back to it again.

FORT Newbie

Yesterday I rented my fav movies which are:
    Fight Club
    Scary Movie 2
    The Matrix

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfan;3635984;
    Yesterday I rented my fav movies which are:
    Fight Club
    Scary Movie 2
    The Matrix
    And today that was Harry Potter and The Order Of Phoenix
    free 3d wallpaper for you!

Repo the Genetic Opera. Saw it a few nights ago and still failing at coming up with a proper review..
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. It was a lotttt better then I expected. Michael Cera fell right into his lovable doofy boy role though like always. =P

The Haunting in Connecticut - I don't watch too many horror movies these days, but I liked this one. It wasn't terribly gory, it had an interesting storyline, and there were some turns to the story that I didn't completely expect. During one of the "person turns around and gets surprised" shots my husband jumped higher than I have ever seen him jump before!

I frequently rent oldies and I've just gotten Parrish and Rome Adventure, both of which I loved years ago and still do. It had been a while since I'd seen either one, and they were a real treat.

I also watch a four-part Nova series on physics, quantum mechanics and string theory. The last two discs were about the life of Albert Einstein and I found them extremely interesting.

I mention it here only because the actor who played Einstein was Andrew Sachs -- Manuel in Fawlty Towers. He is really a wonderful actor. He also has a role in the next Disc World title Going Postal. I just finished watching Hogfather and The Color Of Magic and I'm looking forward to this new one.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

We watched Coraline tonight. It has been a long time since I read the book, so I can't compare. I enjoyed the movie. The animation was interesting and looked like it could have been pretty cool in 3D. My 4yo was a little scared at some parts, but not too much. She would say she wanted to cover her eyes, but then she would watch anyway!

+ Reply to Thread