+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Nights in Rodanthe - It was great to see Diane Lane and Richard Gere together again. Yes, it's definitely a chick flick, but everyone in th movie was able to elevate the story from a fairly predictable plot due to the good acting and sensitivity. Would definitely recommend it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm watching Push right now on On Demand. Not a bad flick so far. I love this kind of stuff. Dakota Fanning looks so different.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Where The Wind Comes Sweeping Down The Plains

Fired Up: Eh, didn't leave me mind-blown. I knew it was going to be dumb. It was okay, I guess.
    To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater. -Bono

We rented Push and The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. The first was pretty interesting, love to see Dakota Fanning act, she just keeps getting better and better all the time. I predict Oscar for her within the next four or five years.

Even Brad Pitt couldn't save the Jesse James movie. Good lord, that was one of the MOST BORING movies I have ever attempted to see. It's a rare movie that I stop in the middle and pop it out of the DVD player because it's just so bad. I mean, we tried for 45 minutes to get into it, but my husband finally just said "it ain't hittin' on nuthin" (hey, he's a country boy) and we ended the misery. All I kept thinking was "who directed this mess"? and who told him it was good? Blech.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Mr Nerd and I just watched Fido on netflix last night.

Timmy Robinson's best friend in the whole wide world is a six-foot tall rotting zombie named Fido. But when FIDO eats the next-door neighbor, Mom and Dad hit the roof, and Timmy has to go to the ends of the earth to keep Fido a part of the family. A boy-and-his-dog movie for grown ups, "FIDO" will rip your heart out.
    What a cute/funny/entertaining zombie movie that was!
    I recommend it to people who like campy 50's movies, Shaun of the Dead and Billy Connolly.
    Check out the preview on youtube...
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I watched Revolutionary Road last night. Beautifully acted, but painful to watch. I went to bed feeling like someone punched me in the gut.
    Reality TV Addict.
    Why can't my life be this interesting?

Push - I really enjoyed it. Good pace, kept my attention, great special effects.

I watched "the uninvited" last night and oh my goodness, the twist at the end had my hands covering my mouth...it was amazing

also New In Town, very cute and funny.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

We watched The House Bunny last night
    I was dissapointed. ALL of the cute stuff was in the previews, and the other jokes they attempted I could see coming a mile away.
    I was also very distracted by all of the awful work Anna Faris has had done to her face.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Knowing - I was enjoying it all the way up to the end. I'm going to spoiler my comment on the ending so I don't mess it up for anyone else...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The ending of this movie ruined it for me. I saw the alien twist coming, but it didn't make it any less cheesy when it actually happened. I was also really annoyed by the in-your-face religious message. The main character "sees the light" before the end, the "Noah's Ark" nature of the aliens, the apocolypse, etc... I ended up feeling like it was a relious message masquerading as a thriller/sci-fi movie.

Watchmen - It was definitely well done, but I have to admit I was left a little disappointed. It was VERY long and I was left feeling like it could have been cut down quite a bit. Maybe it was better for people who were fans of the graphic novel. As far as over-the-top, brutal movies based on graphic novels go, I enjoyed Sin City and 30 Days of Night more than this one.

+ Reply to Thread