+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Marley and Me - It was okay, but not quite as good as I expected. I was left with the feeling that the book was probably better. I got that the family was committed to the dog, but I was constantly annoyed by the dog's bad manners and poor behavior and their complete lack control. I don't have a lot of patience with dogs that have bad manners.

Friday the 13th-Rented the new version and really liked it. A few parts were kind of cheesey, but overall it was good.

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans- I went in thinking it was going to suck, but I actually liked it.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i finally finished the curious case of benjamin button. i don't understand the hype. i didn't HATE it, but i wasn't blown away by it like so many people were. it was just ... BLEH. not impressed at all.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
    I thought the makeup was brilliant but the story moved a little slow. I enjoyed it though. I love Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett.

Gran Torino - Slow moving, but very good movie. Clint Eastwood was fantastic as the crotchety neighbor! He had this way of "growling" whenever he saw something he wasn't happy about that cracked me up.

Confessions of a Shopaholic - Ho hum. I was hoping to like this one, but it just didn't draw me in. I found the mannequins trying to convince her to buy stuff rather annoying. Is Joan Cusack really old enough to play Isla Fischer's mom!?

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3513711;
    i finally finished the curious case of benjamin button. i don't understand the hype. i didn't HATE it, but i wasn't blown away by it like so many people were. it was just ... BLEH. not impressed at all.
    i hated it. it was so slow and boring. i DEFinitely dont understand what all the hype was about. maybe it was just about the makeup-or that it had brad pitt in it. i dont get it. i thought it was awful-at least the hour that i was able to watch.

Blades of Glory
    - I knew it was going to be ridiculous,and it was. It made us laugh a lot though. Good mindless entertainment.

Fred Claus- Someone told me this was a black comedy (and netflix has it classied that was as well) and similar to Bad Santa (one of my fave movies ever). Wow, was the person who told me that lying... It was really really...NOT good. I wouldn't recommend it at all,and I really like Vince Vaughan.
    ignorance is excellence

Loved Gran Torino, and I thought I would be bored by it. I don't think I've ever enjoyed Clint Eastwood that much, he was perfect in the role. The actors who played Sue and Thao were excellent as well.

I also caught The Uninvited - it was okay, not as bad as I thought it would be, and Revolutionary Road, because I'd read the novel recently. Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio were fantastic, just as I'd visualized the Wheelers. It's not a movie for everyone - slow going, but the performances will keep you watching.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Flash of Genius - compelling story and very good acting. The triumph at the end made all the "this guy is nuts" stuff worth the wait.

He's Just Not That Into You
    - Cheezy concept and a definite chick flick, and I thoroughly enjoyed it...especially that "true" love was shown to win in the end. Perfect movie to watch during Bachelorette season.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Inkheart - This seemed to have all the pieces of a good fantasy/family/adventure movie, but overall I thought it was just okay. It was worth a watch if you are looking for a family movie.

Australia - This was a really loooooong movie. I definitely enjoyed it, but didn't think it needed to be so "epic". It got to a point where I thought the issues had been resolved and everyone would live happily ever and the movie would end, but surprise it was just the start of an entirely new section of the story!

+ Reply to Thread