+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

He's Just Not That Into You- not worth renting! I thought it was slow and boring. I was surprised by some of the actors and actresses in the movie... they may not be the most popular right now but they are not old news either...

Defiance: This true story had me mesmerized. Outstanding performances by Daniel Craig, Liev Schreiber, and Jamie Bell. It was a World War II resistance story about which I had known nothing, mainly because the people involved lived quiet lives aferwards and didn't want to publicize their heroism or their suffering. The special features were wonderful, especially the interviews with the children and grandchildren of these brothers.

Also in the cast were Mia Wasikowska (Sohpie from In Treatment) and Mark Feuerstein, now starring in Royal Pains.

It was along movie, approximate 2 and 1/4 hours, but it held me enthalled throughout.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Primal Fear-I had never seen it and it was really good

Look
    - a story about 5 people's lives through surveillance cameras. sounded interesting but was awful. we didnt last more than about 3 minutes. i felt like i was watching the Hills or something ridiculous.

Big Stan - oh man, this had us DYING laughing. Has Rob Schneider and hes about to go to prison for 3-5 years for white collar crime. When he realizes he is going to get raped he hires David Carradine to teach him how to guard his ass. hilarious. my dad actually told us we had to see it lol
    ignorance is excellence

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3488117;
    He's Just Not That Into You- not worth renting! I thought it was slow and boring. I was surprised by some of the actors and actresses in the movie... they may not be the most popular right now but they are not old news either...
    i have this one at home right now and am having a hard time staying interested. i started watching it on saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3494044;
    i have this one at home right now and am having a hard time staying interested. i started watching it on saturday!
    So is it safe to say... you're just not that in to it? BADUMPBUMP
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3494571;
    So is it safe to say... you're just not that in to it? BADUMPBUMP

I re-watched The Godfather last night--WHY don't they make movies this good anymore?

Sometimes I'm sorry computer animation was ever invented, as the effects have taken over way too many of the movies we see now. And if it's not that, it's grossout or potty humor, or ridiculous action sequences.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop - I rented this one for a sleep over party for a bunch or 8 & 9 year old boys. It was a good choice for them. For me it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. It was mostly just silly and the main actor was really good on those Segways!! However, this movie was definitely family friendly and I really appreciate that kind of movie lately. There are way too many comedies these days that think they need to swear or be chock full of innuendo to be funny. IMO, it is very possible to be funny without being crass and sexual.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop - easily the worst comedy I have seen in YEARS

Gardens of the Night
    - strange story, slow movie, I keep thinking about it 2 days after I watched it. Had a weird vibe to it, but was sad and kind of sweet at times. Very hard to describe.
    Here is what imdb says:
    An 8-year-old girl is taken from her home and convinced that her family does not want her anymore. After enduring 9 years of horror, she and her fellow victim are dumped by their captures. Now, 17 years old and no one to turn to, except each other they do their best to survive life on the streets, until one day she finally accepts the help of a shelter counselor to find her way home. However, what she truly finds is the love of her life and that you can never go back. "Gardens of the Night", is a haunting, gritty and topical story which delves deep into the world of child abduction and where it often leads...for the "lucky ones." The writer/director, Damian Harris bases his story on the kids, counselors, cops and pimps he met during two years of research.

13 Ghosts
    - cheesy but the ghosts and cinematography were awesome.
    ignorance is excellence

Gran Torino - got it from Netflix and really enjoyed it. I like everything Clint Eastwood does.

+ Reply to Thread