+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3450427;
    Actually, he didn't know the song. And then all of a sudden, a Reggae band started playing it with her and PD was like "I've never heard this song in my life." That was pretty funny.
    Maybe I should have phrased that differently. I meant that he was the only one who didn't spontaneously jump into the singing like characters do in most musicals. He recognized at first that it was a little odd that people knew her song and were jumping in to sing it!! We own the movie and that is one scene I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching!

I agree about Timothy Spall, I enjoy his acting a lot (even though he always seems to be a creepy slimeball)!

That is a great scene. Hubby laughed the whole time. I found Prince Edward to be a bit....what's the word....irritating? Maybe they made him that way on purpose.

I'm now watching a movie I haven't seen in years!
    Dr. Giggles: Your typical horror movie about an escaped mental patient who is stealing the hearts of unsuspecting citizens. It's been at least 10 years since I've seen this movie. Maybe even 15.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3451253;
    Dr. Giggles: Your typical horror movie about an escaped mental patient who is stealing the hearts of unsuspecting citizens. It's been at least 10 years since I've seen this movie. Maybe even 15.
    I am guessing since this is a horror movie you mean that he is literally stealing their hearts. My first thought when I read this was that the unsuspecting citizens were falling in love with him!

I heart Huckabees - wacky movie but it made me laugh I recommend it!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3451627;
    I am guessing since this is a horror movie you mean that he is literally stealing their hearts. My first thought when I read this was that the unsuspecting citizens were falling in love with him!
    Yes, literally. The story goes that when he was a child, his mother had a heart condition. His daddy (who was a doctor) killed his patients and would steal their hearts. Mommy dies and daddy is executed (or something) leaving his 7 year-old son an orphan. Son is put in a mental hospital and 30 something years later, he escapes and "finishes his father's work". Holly Marie Combs is in it and, since this movie, I've seen the villian (Larry Drake) in a bunch of other stuff, too. It's kind of corny but it was pretty good for its time.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans - Enjoyable; pretty much what I would expect from this franchise. I am always satisfied with the special effects in these movies. The Twilight people could take a lesson from them when it comes to effects!

Seven Pounds: WOW! WOW! WOW! What a GREAT movie. Will Smith was brilliant. I loved this film and the way it was done. I did find the
    Click to see Spoiler:
    suicide scene very difficult to watch, however.
    It took me a little while to really figure out what was going on but once I did, it made the movie that much better. Great job, Will Smith! Now the next one I want to watch eventually is Slumdog Millionaire. I heard that was really good, too.

White Light, Black Rain - Documentary about the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It was very well done. Some of the footage was very hard to watch - I think I involunarily closed my eyes at least once. It covered a lot of details that I was not previously aware of, like the fact that the survivors were basically shunned and still are discriminated against to an extent. I am a firm believer that people should know about these types of historic events so that we can help avoid them in the future!

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - This movie was just wonderful. The effects to youthen/age both Brad Pitt and Kate Blanchett were fantastic and believeable. The story reminded me a bit of Forrest Gump, but in that movie he was effecting other characters and this film focused more on how the other characters were effecting Benjamin. I think I cried thru the last third of the movie - and it was a long movie so I was a mess by the time it ended!

Reign Over Me - Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle were both great in this movie. It was a little slow moving, but it was interesting and had some endearing moments.

[quote=ClosetRTWatcher]The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - This movie was just wonderful. The effects to youthen/age both Brad Pitt and Kate Blanchett were fantastic and believeable. The story reminded me a bit of Forrest Gump, but in that movie he was effecting other characters and this film focused more on how the other characters were effecting Benjamin. I think I cried thru the last third of the movie - and it was a long movie so I was a mess by the time it ended!

Reign Over Me - Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle were both great in this movie. It was a little slow moving, but it was interesting and had some endearing moments.[/spoiler] I loved both of these movies! And I agree that ROM was a little slow-moving but it was still very good. Benjamin Button has to be one of my all-time favorite Pitt movies

Watched Paul Blart, Mall Cop and Valkyrie last night. They were both pretty good. I was telling my husband that all through high school and college in history classes I could not remember ever hearing about a German plot to kill Hitler, so that was really fascinating. Love history anyway.

Tonight we are watching the Curious Case of Benjamin Button, so I have been very interested in reading everyone else's take on it. Seems like it will probably be pretty good. Hey, anything with Brad Pitt is a winner with me!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

+ Reply to Thread