+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Blindness: I was surprised at how "raw" it was. It was actually a really good movie. There were a few parts that were really long, but there were others that seemed to almost jump between events.

My Best Friend's Girl: Eh, didn't like it. Not a huge fan of Dane Cook and it seems like Kate Hudson's playing the same roles over and over.

Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist: Really enjoyed it. It was quirky and I absolutely loved Nick's friends!

Rachel Getting Married: It was okay, but I was expecting more. Like you all, I was disappointed.

FORT Newbie

Nite Tales with Flavor Flav.... decent.

Burn After Reading: It was good. I liked the humour in it. Brad Pitt made me laugh
    RockNRolla: It was boring! It was convoluted and painful to finish
    Way of War: It wasn't bad. Cuba was half decent in it. It was a good made for DVD movie though
    How to Make Friends and Alienate People: It was okay. Not one of Simon Pegg's best though.
    Changeling: I liked it, but boy oh boy did the police chief make me mad. I wanted to beat him.
    Rounders: It was old, but Ed Norton's great. I generally like all movies he is in. It was neat to watch a movie about poker when it was just becoming popular.
    Extreme Movie: It was lame. It was disjointed and just went for cheap tricks.
    Punisher War Zone: A typical action flick
    Pineapple Express: I liked James Franco in this and he's not my favourite at all. I laughed a lot, but mostly as how spaced James was through this entire thing.

we watched The Bridge - the documentary about the massive number of people who commit suicide each year by jumping off the Golden Gate bridge. it was really good. a film crew was set up for the entire year of 2004 and kept watch on 2 specific spots that 90% of the jumpers jump from. \24 people jumped to their death that year. they then talked to the friends and family of the people and told their stories. it was very well done and it was really good. i love documentaries, and this was a really good one. was a little depressing, of course - but if you are going to watch it you already are expecting that.

we also watched P2 - because i must watch almost all horror movies. i waited until i had next to nothing on my netflix list to get it though because it looked and sounded stupid. it was ridiculous but entertaining.
    ignorance is excellence

Battle in Seattle - I didn't care for this movie. I didn't get the point of some of the characters. I guess I expected to get some insight into shy the protesters were protesting the WTO, but I did not get anything but the most superficial explanation. I would have been better off looking for a documentary on the subject.

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 - I really liked the first movie and I thought this one did a good job delivering the same type of feeling. I didn't think it was quite as good as the first one, but I did enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3396957;
    Mirrors - I am not the biggest fan of horror movies anymore, but this one looked like one I could get into. Overall it was pretty good. The special effects were well done and it definitely had suspense and tension. The only down side for me was the very ending. I understand what happened with the main character, I just wish it had more of an explanation.
    I agree, ClosetRTWatcher. Love Kiefer Sutherland but something was off about this movie -- like it needed a final re-write that it didn't get.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Saw Milk for the second time this weekend -- the first time on dvd. Great movie about a truly heroic figure. As far as the dvd extras, I would have liked to have seen more of the real Harvey Milk in the extras. I think I'm going to try and rent the documentary made about his life. It was made over 10 years ago, so I hope it's out on dvd.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Milk really good movie.
    Frozen River another good one. Different plot (YES!) so I recommend this one
    Changling I couldn't get through this one. DH watched the rest of it and said it got much better..
    Before the Devil Knows your Dead I'm thinking that is the name (Phillip Hoffman Seymour) was pretty good.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

We watched The Bridge last year. It left me with a very sad feeling but it was very well done. I had no idea how many people left this world that way.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3406980;
    Before the Devil Knows your Dead I'm thinking that is the name (Phillip Hoffman Seymour) was pretty good.
    I watched that one a few weeks ago - good movie, but most definitely not a happy one. What a mess those brothers made of everything.

Also watched a couple of crappy horror movies: The Sickhouse, totally irritating to watch because of how it was filmed. Not scary at all. And Audition, an older Japanese horror movie. Sort of like The Bachelor gone horribly wrong. Not bad, but it started out slow.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread