+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

FORT Newbie

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

If you want a pretty good low budget horror movie check out Pray For Morning. It is about 8 people who spend the night in a hotel where a bunch of people were murdered. It is really creepy and suspensefull with an ending you wouldn't expect!

I did not have a very good weekend for movies...

Body of Lies - It was good, not great. I had pretty high hopes for this one going in. The aspect of people on the ground in the Middle East versus people pulling the strings from their homes in the US was interesting. This is one of those movies that seems to have all of the right pieces, but for some reason doesn't come together like you might expect.

Choke - Not good. It seemed like it was trying to be edgy, but it just didn't work. At all. They had all these aspects of the guy's story that were supposed to be intertwined - guy had a bad mom, guy is a sex addict, guy doesn't know who his dad is, guy's mom is dying, guy has commitment issues, guy is a jerk (possibly with redeeming qualities that he does not want to admit to). However, the movie made them seem completely incongruous. Basically the movie was all over the place and really didn't even have much closure at the end.

I started watching another one and unless it turns around and has a spectacularly good ending, I will probably be back soon with another review of mediocrity....
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 03-02-2009 at 11:55 AM. Reason: typo

We rented Burn After Reading. Great acting. DH didn't like it but he is not a fan of movies that go around in circles which this movie definitely did.

Just rented Nights in Rodanthe, haven't watched it yet.

i loved Burn After Reading.
    ignorance is excellence

FORT Newbie

My friends and I had a 'girls night' this weekend and watched Nights in Rodanthe (spl?) and it was really good. I wish I would have read the book first because the last half hour felt like they were trying to rush events to fit in the timeframe, but overall it was really good!
    ]

Henry Poole is Here: I had no idea what this movie was when I went to watch it, but I really enjoyed it. Luke Wilson was great as Henry and the little girl was so adorable!

FORT Newbie

Has anyone here seen Rigaletto? It is such a great movie! It is sort of a cross between Phantom of the Opera and Beauty and the Beast, so if you are a fan of either of those classic stories you would definately love this one!
    ]

Man In A Chair I loved this one and Christopher Plummer's performance was unforgetable.

Touch the Top of the World A touching biopic about the first blind man to ever climb Mt. Everest to its summit. Excellent performances by Peter Facinelli as Erik Weihenmayer and Bruce Campbell as his father.

Midnight Express Collector's Edition A movie that deserves all the accolades it won in 1978.

Religulous Bill Maher did a fantastic job! My whole family loved it.

In The Electric Mist I stumbled upon this one when browsing Netflix and its cast was enough for me to select it. Tommy Lee Jones, Mary Steenburgen, Kelly MacDonald, Peter Saarsgard, Net Beatty, John Sayles, James Gammon, Levon Helm, and more. It's based on a series of mystery novels, which I have not read, is located in the Louisiana bayou, and was filmed on location. People seem to really love it or not love it, but I am among the former.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3373844;
    Religulous Bill Maher did a fantastic job! My whole family loved it.
    i rented that recently too ... and i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3373883;
    i rented that recently too ... and i agree.
    same here. absolutely love it!
    ignorance is excellence

+ Reply to Thread