+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Rented Tropic Thunder last weekend. I thought it was hysterical. Robert Downey Jr. is great in it. My DH thought it was dumb. To each his own...

Madagascar 2: Very cute. I really liked it. I love those silly penguins.
    Fireproof: I really loved this movie. I've been following Kirk Cameron since Growing Pains and he definitely did not disappoint me in this film. I found myself hating his character in the beginning but that's how you were supposed to feel. I only wish this had played in a theater closer to my house (closest one was 1 1/2 hours away) so I could've seen it on the big screen. This movie is definitely going in my collection. (As is Madagascar 2)
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Righteous Kill: I liked it. I wasn't totally paying attention and I wasn't surprised at who the killer was, but that doesn't mean it wasn't good. It was good enough to rent, but glad I didn't see it at the theatre

Behind Enemy Lines: Columbia: You could tell the WWE had a hand in the movie. Very much akin to The Marine. It was good for what it was.

Didn't rent it, but did see it

Paul Blart: Mall Cop: Took my little cousins to see it with my brother and I. We laughed out loud. It was funny, it was enjoyable and it was the first movie I've seen in the theatre in over 3 years! I would totally recommend it.

Death Race - I made an exception to my boycott of all movies featuring Jason Statham to rent this one because my teenage boys wanted to see it. It was just about exactly what I expected. A "Running Man" kind of story but with a car racing twist. Very violent. It did nothing to make me change my opinion of Jason Statham - his body does not make up for his unremarkable acting. I think of him as the Jean-Claude Van Damme of his time.

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - I actually liked this one more than the first. I think that it may be tied to the fact that I didn't think the first one lived up to the book, and I never read the book Prince Caspian. It was a fun movie, really good special effects. My one complaint is that I thought it seemed reallllllly long.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I may be a little late on this one but after what felt like forever, i watched Iron Man. I have to say, it was a DAMN good moive! I think Robert did a wonderful job with that part.. and he really proved (to me at least) that he is a great actor!

After that I watched Hellboy 2.. hehe.. not as good, but still fun.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Saw Made of Honor and it was adorable. I really liked the 3 leads in it, well 4 if you count the male best friend. I wanted to root for Dempsey's character to get the girl but I couldn't 100% because they actually made the Scots guy so likable. Very cute, if you like romantic comedy? Check it out.

Ghost Town - It was okay. It was less "comedy" and more "romantic comedy" than I expected. I just couldn't really buy the dentist and the anthropologist lady as a couple.

Miracle at St. Anna -- highly recommend it. Must watch with subtitles on for the foreign language parts (Italian and German). So worth it.

W. - Interesting movie. Paints George W as the son who can never seem to live up to his father's expectations. All of the acting was very good. Richard Dreyfuss was disturbingly good as an evil plotting Cheney. Thandie Newton was absolutely wonderful as Condoleeza Rice, I actually did not recognize her at all! Although she did not play a role that was flattering to Ms. Rice, I thought she played her as a meek yes-woman. I was surprised by the appearance of Rob Corddry as Ari Fleischer - I have only seen him do comedy before, but he was good in this role.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall - not as funny as I had hoped. I could see where it was *trying* to be funny, but failed to make me laugh. Also, Mila Kunis' character did nothing for me, and her spray tan was DISTRACTING. Russel Brand's character however, was played much better than I had expected! Not as campy and over the top 1 dimensional as I was expecting. He was probably the high point of the movie for me.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread