+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Born into Brothels.....it's about children growing up in Calcutta's red light district. Really wonderful.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

My husband brought home something called Appaloosa with Ed Harris, Jeremy Irons, Renee Zellwegger and Viggo Mortenson. Fairly good western, but we both thought it zipped from day to night and scene to scene without much rhyme or reason. Just so-so, imo.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Saw V - I was so confused and lost. I almost went back to the video store and rented 3 and 4 just to try to figure out the darn thing!

Step Brothers - I actually laughed out loud many times. I don't usually like Will's movies but this was entertaining.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3289552;
    Step Brothers - I actually laughed out loud many times. I don't usually like Will's movies but this was entertaining.
    I just watched this movie too. I thought it was funny. but they could have left out raw scenes between between Dale and Alice, the other sons wife. Totally pointless to the story line, IMO.

No Vacancy 2: I thought it was a definite step down from the original. It wasn't terrible, but it was very predictable. Though I was surprised that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the girl survived

Lakeview Terrace - Good thriller. Samuel L Jackson did a good job (as usual) playing the threatening neighbor. There were a couple of things that kept recurring throughout the movie that I thought were going to play into the actual story at some point, but never did. It made me wonder why the heck they kept showing them. I'll mention them in spoilers:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    (1) When the husband pulled into the driveway his car kept making a hideous noise as it bottomed out on the drain along the road - if they weren't going to do something more why not give him a car that could actually clear the driveway at this house? (2) They were constantly showing the wildfires (LA area) in the background and on the news, etc. I thought they were going to end up burning down one of the houses or something, but nothing ever happened with them.

Brideshead Revisited - I thought this was an interesting movie. It took place in England pre-WWII. It was about a young man of limited means who befriends another young man at school who comes from a wealthy family. The first young man is a self-proclaimed atheist, but the other man's mother is a devout Catholic. There is also a sister in this Catholic family and the movie looks at how their mother's religion changes the lives of the children and has a strong affect on the decisions that they make. I found myself very interested in the characters throughout the movie. The Catholic mother was played by Emma Thompson, who I really like and her husband was played Michael Gambon (it only took a minute for me to stop thinking of him as Dumbledore ). I was not familiar with the younger actors, but they all did excellent jobs! My complaint is that I did not like the way the movie ended, and unfortunately endings significantly affect my overall opinion of a movie.

Diary of the Dead 2: Contagium: Blaaah, it wasn't bad.. it was just plain boring. It was definitely a poor man's thriller.
    Max Payne: It wasn't Mark Walhberg's finest movie. It was an okay action movie, but I found that it really dragged. Mila Kunis was really good in it though!
    Saw V: I just didn't like it. I thought it was a pointless movie remake.
    College: It was just your typical teenage movie.. It wasn't good at all. Nick Zano was a major jerk in it... but it came off so real that it made me wonder how much of it was acting and how much of it was him!

Saw V is not a remake it's simply another movie in the franchise.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Thank you.. I didn't mean remake. I meant five-quel.. It was just not that good either way

LOL I love the Saw series so I think I will like this no matter what. Funny thing is is that On Demand says it's available and I haven't been able to find it. Perhaps I will look again.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread