MRD

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

I prefer Dancing Queen.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3265506;
    This discussion has inspired me to go to imeem and listen to Take a Chance On Me - my fav Abba song
    i have to admit, the situation/discussion where they used that song was rather amusing

Reign Over Me: I am so glad I watched this today! I absolutely loved it. What a beautiful movie and Adam Sandler did a great job.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Transibberian: It was okay. I was kind of bored by it. I thought that it was exactly like the promos so I knew what to expect and that's what I got.
    Death Race: I liked it. It was good. It was really the kind of movie that I find exciting to watch and can watch whenever I want.
    Lower Learning: It was bad. Not just kind of bad, but really bad. It was so bad, I had it on while I was watching hockey and surfing online.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3266015;
    Reign Over Me: I am so glad I watched this today! I absolutely loved it. What a beautiful movie and Adam Sandler did a great job.
    I'm glad you mentioned this. I have had in on my Netflix queue forever, but have always moved other stuff ahead of it. After hearing such a good review, I'll let it slide to the top!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3267312;
    I'm glad you mentioned this. I have had in on my Netflix queue forever, but have always moved other stuff ahead of it. After hearing such a good review, I'll let it slide to the top!
    Be prepared to cry a little. And there are parts that kind of drag a little bit but maybe only about 2 scenes. I give this movie an A+

Eagle Eye: For the most part, I really liked it. I liked the overall premise. I kind of hated the ending, though. It almost seemed a little ubrupt. I wish there would've been a more definitive end. But all in all I liked it. I give it an A-
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I did forget to mention one thing about Reign Over Me. I absolutely HATED Jada Pinkett-Smith's character in this movie. The whole movie, I just wanted to punch her in the mouth.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3270378;
    I did forget to mention one thing about Reign Over Me. I absolutely HATED Jada Pinkett-Smith's character in this movie. The whole movie, I just wanted to punch her in the mouth.
    Ihave not seen Reign Over Me, but Jada Pinkett-Smith has played the character I just wanted to punch in so many movies that I almost wonder if she doesn't seek those roles. Return to Paradise? Wanted to punch her. The Women? Wanted to punch her. Collateral? Kind of wanted to punch her.

Maybe when she's reading scripts, everytime she thinks to herself "Oh, I just want to punch that person" she decides to take the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3270382;
    Ihave not seen Reign Over Me, but Jada Pinkett-Smith has played the character I just wanted to punch in so many movies that I almost wonder if she doesn't seek those roles. Return to Paradise? Wanted to punch her. The Women? Wanted to punch her. Collateral? Kind of wanted to punch her.

Maybe when she's reading scripts, everytime she thinks to herself "Oh, I just want to punch that person" she decides to take the role.
    LOL I haven't seen any of those movies yet. Kind of wanted to see Collateral, though. Her character is this movie is just so dismissive and cold.

The Duchess - I really liked this movie (and I love movies in this genre). Keira Knightley was really wonderful. I really felt for her character. My next comment about Ray Fiennes is fairly minor, but I'm putting it in spoilers for people who have not seen the movie and do not want to know anything at all about the character he plays...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I have always thought Ray Fiennes seems like he would be a really nice guy in real life, so it always seems wrong to me when he plays a "bad guy".

Amelie - This one is a French movie from 2001. I added it to my Netflix queue because it kept coming up as suggested based on what I was renting. I put off watching it for a few weeks because the short description about a girl who finds an old stash of toys seemed ho-hum. However, the short description did not do this movie justice at all!! It was sweet, quirky, surprising and endearing and had beautiful and interesting camera work!! I was also surprised to discover that Travelocity was not the first "pop culture" appearance of "the roaming gnome"!!
    Warning: it is rated R for good reason - the Europeans are definitely more liberal when it comes to sexual content in their movies.

+ Reply to Thread