+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 420 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181131 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

We rented Grey Zone yesterday.
    It's based on a true story and is very depressing because of it.
    There is some very good acting and an excellent cast, but it's a heavy movie.

We also rented Abandon which we didn't like.
    "That's Numberwang!"

We rented a couple of interesting ones this weekend:

Southern Comfort - won the grand jury prize at Sundance. It's a documentary about a man (born a girl) who falls in love with a woman (born a boy), and is now dying of uterine cancer (the man). The film follows him through his last year of life and there all kinds of interviews with his sons and parents and other people in the transgender community in Georgia. Very interesting and sweet.

Secretary - ooooooh, very interesting film about submission/dominance (no graphic sex) with Maggie Gylenhall and James Spader (Paulie's twin!). Not a comedy, not a drama...not like anything else. Just really interesting and good.

Lobeck, I agree with you about Far From Heaven. I'm going to buy that one on DVD. And yes - Dennis Quaid should have gotten an Oscar nom (for that shirtless scene if nothing else!)

Originally posted by MollyRose
    Lobeck, I agree with you about Far From Heaven. I'm going to buy that one on DVD. And yes - Dennis Quaid should have gotten an Oscar nom (for that shirtless scene if nothing else!)
    Homina, homina, homina...

Grey Zone - that's the Nazi film with David Arquette, right?

Snowflake and lobeck, I'm totally in agreement about Following and Far From Heaven.

The cinematography in Far From Heaven is truly impressive.

I watched The Transporter this weekend. It was a wonderfully cheesy, fun-filled high-action flick. I loved it!
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

I want to see that, Zhora! I'll definitely rent it.

Will don't have any fun. madbanana's Avatar
    I watched drumline....It was very good I really loved this movie....It may just be a teenager movie but i dont really know i can never tell but i still recomend it

I also rented maid in manhatten because i never did see it in the theatre(and im glad)....I watched half an hour, not even, of it and i was already bored

I do have a comment about swimfan(I saw it when it was in the theatres)....It was ine of those movies where you knew what was going to happen throught the whole move....except for one or two twists
    peace;
    it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart

Isn't he adorable!:) LrdOfTheRng22's Avatar
    Well, I haven't seen Drumline yet, but it looks like another Bring It On movie? Is it? I was going to rent this one but there wasn't any left...

I also saw Maid in Manahatten and just thought of it to be a typical love story. Not the greatest. And I didn't like Swimfan either...a little bit too predictable.

I just rented Austin Powers Goldmember. Moley Moley Moley! hehe love that part.
    anyway I also rented One Hour Photo. I have to admit, that movie left me a bit paranoid about getting my pictures developed. I kinda thought that movie was toooo creepy for Robin Williams. Like I always say, Jim Carrey and Robin Williams are only good when they are in comedies because that is what they are GOOD at

We rented About A Boy. I really liked it. I may have to buy it because I think I could watch it over and over.

And Harry Potter (Chamber of secrets). It was really good too. I thought it was better than the first one. I've never read the books. I was thinking about checking them out but I didn't know if they were more geared towards kids with the writing style. Can anybody tell me?

+ Reply to Thread