+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Well, I can kind of see why RDJ was nominated and begrudgingly I can kind of see why Tom was nominated, but I certainly hope Tom does not win!

Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2: I liked the first one more. It felt kind of more forced in this movie and I felt like it really dragged in a few places, but overall it was a solid movie.

If you like conspiracy thrillers, I recommend a BBC six-parter called "The State Within." I just finished viewing and I'm still trying to catch my breath. The first few episodes are confusing as you wonder why they are high lighting a story that doesn't make sense to the plot, but then it takes off as the pieces come together. One thing I really enjoyed was not knowing who were the good guys and who were the bad guys. They kept the trust issue up in the air until the final episode. Whew and WOW! Edge of your seat cinematography and double-speak dialogue. Also - if you are a Sharon Gless fan, she really has a meaty roll in this project.

I recommend this series highly.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Untraceable: I liked it, but I found it somewhat disturbing. I really like Diane Lane and I found Colin Hanks to be rather good in his role.

I turned Tropic Thunder off after about 30mins. I hate Ben Stiller movies but I got sucked in by my husband - who fell asleep. IMO it was a waste of film.

Eagle Eye was good, we've seen enough of these movies now to be able to predict the outcome.

Lakeview Terrace was disturbing, S.L.J plays such a convincing ass****!

Drillbit Taylor was a snore

The House Bunny was cute and predictable, just like any other college movie.

The Duchess - loved it, it even intersted me enough to look into Georgiana's life

Journey to the Center of the Earth - we really enjoyed it.. the whole family

The Women - good chick flick

Wall-E - I liked it, good message and I didn't mind that there wasn't line after line of dialogue

Mamma Mia - loved it enough to own it.
    Last edited by Duxxy; 12-15-2008 at 02:15 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey

I LOVED Lakeview Terrace. The trailers for that movie looked so stupid to me, but the reviews were so good that I was tempted, and I'm very glad I was. I thought it was one of those movies where no one is completely bad or completely good, and it really leaves you thinking. Loved it!

I've been on an old movie binge lately. Over the past week, I've re-watched Swingers (LOVE it every time!), Team America (which I had not watched in years, and it just makes me laugh and laugh in that way that makes you feel guilty for laughing), About a Boy (another I adore, and forget how much I adore), and Sliding Doors (another that I love, love, love).

I also watched Definitely Maybe for the first time. It was okay. Nothing earth shattering, but I made it through to the end. And at the risk of showing that I just don't appreciate cinematic greatness, I tried really hard to watch Out of Africa, but just could not get in to it. I gave up and went to something else after the first hour. I thikn it was just too daunting to think I'd have to sit through more of that for another 2 hours.

I, too, loved Lakeview Terrace. I love SLJ anyway so I had to see this in the theater. I will definitely own this movie!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I watched Pride. About a guy who started an African American swim team in Philadelphia in 1974. It had the heartwarming and uplifting factors, but overall it was just okay. I have seen much better heartwarming sports movies (Coach Carter, Miracle,Glory Road, We Are Marshall, Remember the Titans). It's too bad because it starred Terrence Howard and (the late) Bernie Mac, two actors that I enjoy.

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian: I liked the first better, but that may be because I was more familiar with it. This one just really seemed to drag on and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3255602;
    Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian: I liked the first better, but that may be because I was more familiar with it. This one just really seemed to drag on and on and on.
    when I was a kid although I really liked the series, I felt the books weren't going quickly enough for my attention span!
    Yup, with donuts!!

bug... I felt like they were really trying to spell out every. single. thing. too!!

Hancock: It was okay.. it wasn't what I was expecting at all. I love Jason Bateman though
    THe Dark Knight: It was good and Heath was amazing in it. I thought it was a tad long though.
    The X Files: I was so disappointed! It was not anything like I thought it would be and was definitely worse than the first one.

+ Reply to Thread