+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Anamorph: I liked it, but I absolutely did not like the ending! I still am not entirely sure who the killer was supposed to be (I know who he was physically, but what meaning was it to be him?)
    Virgin Territory: It's beyond official that Mischa Barton cannot act! She has the same facial expression for every single emotion. Blah, it was just a bad movie.

The Happening - it was okay. A good rental but not worthy of a movie ticket. I love doomsday movies but this was missing something.

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day - light and fun.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Sydney White - It was like a spin on Snow White where Snow White/Syndney White is a college freshman, the evil witch is the president of the sorority she pledges, and the seven dwarfs are a group of dorky outcasts that she befriends. The Snow White parallels got pretty corny. I thought Amanda Bynes was a better actress than I saw in this movie. Overall, it was okay.

For the Bible Tells Me So - This is a documentary about how different religious groups use the Bible to try to deny equal rights to homosexuals. They talked to a number of families from strong but different religious backgrounds who all had a child that turned out to be gay. The families included the first gay man to be named a bishop in the Episcopal church and Dick Gephart's family. They all talked openly about the changes that took place after the child came out and how they coped with it as a family. They also talked to a number of religious scholars. I thought this was an excellent movie!

Get Smart - My kids and I actually enjoyed this one! There were a few crude jokes and some slapstick-ish humor, but it wasn't nearly as bad as much of the slapstick-spoof-movie drivel out there (JMO, of course). We laughed a lot, so that gets a thumbs up for me. Between this, Dan in Real Life, and Little Miss Sunshine I am starting to like Steve Carrell in movies again... I thought stuff like The 40 Year Old Virgin was going to turn me off of his movies forever!!

The Happening, with Mark Wahlberg. Didn't really like it - cheesy ending. It seemed kind of uneven throughout, not a lot of substance to the plot. Just meh.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Hellboy 2: I liked it. It was simple enough and with enough action. But at the same time.. there was at least a bit of a plot.
    Zombie Strippers: It was funny in a bad way. But I really do not get why people go crazy over Jenna?!

Getting ready to watch the new Hulk movie with my husband right now. I can't wait to come back in and give my review.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Just got done with The Hulk a couple of hours ago and I loved it! Edward Norton was great. I laughed at all the little hints with the series like the purple pants and even the cheesy theme song. Bizzare seeing that little "Courtship of Eddie's Father" clip.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Get Smart: Absolutely loved it. I thought it was great and I haven't laughed out loud at a movie in such a long time.

Has anyone seen Get Smart who was a fan of the original tv series? I'm afraid I won't like the movie because I loved the tv show.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread