+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3225420;
    Journey To the Center Of the Earth: The new version with Brendan Fraser. I actually thoroughly enjoyed this movie! I am definitely going to buy this for my collection. I noticed that the purchase-able version (as well as the theatrical version) is in 3-D so I'm hoping someone who has bought this can tell me if this comes with the special glasses? Not that it's needed because I could totally tell for the most part which parts were 3-D. I never noticed how ripped BF is. . Oh, to be the person wrapped up in those big muscle-y arms. I really really love him. Sadly, he was the only actor I knew. Or at least I think he was. The others didn't seem familiar to me at all.
    I just saw this and I really enjoyed it too! I didn't watch it with the glasses and I wonder how different it would have been. Regardless, I loved it and BF did look GOOD!!

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3225420;
    Journey To the Center Of the Earth: The new version with Brendan Fraser. I actually thoroughly enjoyed this movie! I am definitely going to buy this for my collection. I noticed that the purchase-able version (as well as the theatrical version) is in 3-D so I'm hoping someone who has bought this can tell me if this comes with the special glasses? Not that it's needed because I could totally tell for the most part which parts were 3-D. I never noticed how ripped BF is. . Oh, to be the person wrapped up in those big muscle-y arms. I really really love him. Sadly, he was the only actor I knew. Or at least I think he was. The others didn't seem familiar to me at all.

I bought it and it came with the glasses.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

88 Minutes - Action movie. Premise is that someone calls a forensic psychiatrist (Al Pacino) and tells him that he has 88 minutes to live. Then the movie moves in "real time" while Al Pacino tries to figure out who is behind the calls and save his own life. It is tied up in a plot line about a jailed serial killer. It was pretty good. I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't figured out who the bad guy was about a quarter of the way thru the movie. I just don't like to see the end coming; I prefer to be surprised by movie endings.

Iron Man - Much more tied up in middle east terrorism that I expected. It was an enjoyable super hero movie, but I didn't like it as much as the Spiderman movies.

CTRW, I actually enjoyed Iron Man more than the Spiderman series. I think perhaps because I liked the actors more. I'm not a Tobey or Kirsten fan so that probably plays a huge part in it.

The Signal: It was just weird. Interesting premise of radio waves affecting people's behaviour, but other than that, it was just dumb.
    Alien V Hunter: Kind of seemed like a low budget AVP movie. Is this the case?

The Baker: Absolutely loved it. I love Damien Lewis. He's amazing on Life and he's equally as great in this.
    No Man's Land: Return of the Reeker: It wasn't bad for a thriller. It had some sort of plot, which was nice, but was also full of action.

Finally saw The Incredible Hulk this past weekend. It was ok, still not really a big fan of Edward Norton and I kind of thought Liv Tyler was miscast in her part. Didn't really see any kind of chemistry between them. Liked the cameo by Lou Ferrigno (tv Hulk) and seeing Bill Bixby (tv Bruce Banner) in his other popular tv series Courtship of Eddie's Father at the beginning. Didn't Bill Bixby die pretty soon after the series ended?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;3228064;
    It was ok, still not really a big fan of Edward Norton
    In the movies I have seen with Edward Norton I have found him to be extremely talented. Ones that come to mind are: Fight Club, American History X, and Death to Smoochy. That said, I have Hulk on my Netflix queue but I don't have high hopes for it. The last Incredible Hulk movie was sooo bad, that I am just hoping this one is better than the last!

In my opinion, it was definitely better than the last. But that's not saying much!

The Onion Movie: Loved it. It was so good! Vaguely heard of the paper, but the movie was great.
    Sex and the City: Don't get me wrong, it was good, but it just felt like an extended tv episode. Very extended. I liked the happy endings.. well almost all happy. But I'm glad I didn't rush to see it (well, couldn't have, but that's a different story )

My son saw The Incredible Hulk and was thoroughly disappointed in it. He loved Edward Norton but said it just didn't do his acting ability any justice.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Bats: Nature's Revenge: Eeeh, typical B-list movie with F-list actors.
    Spiderwick Chronicles: I liked it. I had no preconceived notions about the movie going in which probably helped.

+ Reply to Thread