+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Chaos Theory: I thought it was good, but then again, I pretty much love anything Ryan Reynolds has done.
    Eatern Promises: I thought it would be more... bloody and less story, so I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't bad at all.

In Bruges: Not bad at all. I enjoyed it. It was quirky for an action movie.
    Careless: It was just weird. I didn't get it maybe.
    The Amatures: Loved how the whole town was on board with making a not so innocent movie

MRD

Finally saw Leatherheads. Cute movie. Kind of quirky and retro in the style of comedy, etc.
    I enjoyed seeng familiar sites during the movie.

And it was interesting about pro-football. I actually read up on the history of pro-ball and much of what they showed in the movie was true for pro-ball in the beginning.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Shoot 'Em Up: Way, way over the top action film with the yummy Clive Owen and Paul Giamatti as the bad guy (a long way from John Adams!). I loved it, but don't take it seriously...in the first five minutes, Clive shoots about 50 bad guys and delivers a baby one-handed.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I've had Speed Racer for over a month and finally forced myself to finish it. It was way to long and wasn't my kind of movie. But at least I can finally send it back and get the next movie in my queue at Blockbuster
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

The Bank Job: Not bad, but fairly predictable. I liked the speed of the movie though. It wasn't too slow of a pace.
    What Happens in Vegas: I thought it was cute. It definitely wasn't something I'd have paid to see, but it was charmingly entertaining.
    Baby Mama: Loved it. I thought the pace was particularly good. Tina Fey does awkward so well!

The Strangers: I didn't find it frightening, a little disturbing but nowhere near as scary as Last House on the Left. It seemed they were trying to make it very real but I just wish I could get those 2 hours back of my time.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Dan in Real Life - I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. I had read somewhere that it wasn't very funny, but I laughed many times! It is definitely not funny in the same sense as some of the other movies Steve Carrell has been doing lately (Evan Almighty, 40 Year Old Virgin). But as a movie watcher who has not been a fan of a lot of those other movies, I found this one to be humorous and endearing!

The Jane Austen Book Club - Cute movie. I enjoyed it but wouldn't rave about it. I was kinda creeped out by the teacher who was considering an affair with her student (even though they did point out that he was 18).

The Constant Gardener - Acting was great, cinematography was great, premise was interesting, overall though I was kinda bored. I actually dozed off through part of the middle...

Where in the World is Osama: Eeh, it was okay.I think I was expecting more because of his previous endeavours. But I was left feeling it was a little lacking.
    Forgettting Sarah Marshall: I liked it. It was different from the typical romantic comedy. I liked the ending because it wasn't the obvious way to go.

Iron Man - I really liked it. Either my tastes are changing or superhero movies are, because I also really liked The Incredible Hulk (the latest one with Edward Norton) when I saw it this past summer. Of course, I don't think I've ever seen a Robert Downey Jr. movie I didn't like - nor an Edward Norton one, come to think of it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread