+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Okay I just got finished watching 1 of 3 movies I rented.
    The Strangers: Not bad. Not the best scary movie I've ever seen but some pretty good jump scenes. Especially at the end. I don't know that I recognized anyone except Liv Tyler but that's okay.
    Next up: Joy Ride 2: First scene was kind of lame. But maybe it will redeem itself.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Okay so I watched Joy Ride 2 Not as good as the first one but I still liked it. I hated that it looks like there'll be a 3rd though. How many can they possibly make?
    I just started watching Iron Man: I'll come back later and tell everyone what I thought.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Waitress - I went to rent it and they had it on sale for $3.99 pre-viewed, so I just bought it. LOVE this movie. Funny and sweet and sad too. A perfect role for Keri Russell. The only downside? I'll be craving pie for a weekl
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

P2: Baah it was just bad.. the entire premise was bad.
    Chaos: I liked it. It wasn't bad at all. It was your typical action movie though.

Guess I'm in the minority with P2 because I liked it. I didn't finish Iron Man but I will on Friday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3221907;
    Waitress - I went to rent it and they had it on sale for $3.99 pre-viewed, so I just bought it. LOVE this movie. Funny and sweet and sad too. A perfect role for Keri Russell. The only downside? I'll be craving pie for a weekl
    I watched Waitress on HBO recently and went on a pie baking binge for the next week We made all sorts of new and less expected pies.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Death Sentence: Got to say, Kevin Bacon certainly loves the dark roles doesn't he. It was definitely a ball-busting movie.
    Funny Games: It was so weird. I liked it right up until Michael Pitt's character hit "rewind". That moment made me hate the movie even more than the disgust I felt during some of the other scenes.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3221424;
    Actually, they are supposed to be making a sequel from what I heard.
    ETA: I just checked IMDB and Wiki and yes they will be making the 2nd movie. The Golden Compass is the 1st in a trilogy of stories by Phillip Pullman (actually the original title of the Golden Compass book is Northern Lights but here it's called The Golden Compass). The 2nd novel is The Subtle Knife and the 3rd is The Amber Spyglass. I looked up The Subtle Knife on IMDB and it gave 2009 as a release. I couldn't access anymore info because it's on IMDB Pro and you have to pay for that.
    I'm not sure I liked Golden Compass enough to watch The Subtle Knife at the theatres. Guess I'll wait until it comes to tv again. Thanks for the info.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

No Prob. I never read any of the books so this is all new to me.

Iron Man: Pretty good. And if you watch it until the very very end (after the closing credits), you will see the introduction of Nick Fury and the hint of another movie. Nick Fury was played by Samuel L. Jackson and he made mention of the Avenger Initiative. So will Iron Man be joining other superheros in the ultimate superhero movie?

+ Reply to Thread